Our client is a software company developing fully managed, API based, flexible, modular and modern gaming & sportsbook platforms. Due to ongoing growth, they are now looking for a VP of Engineering to take them to the next level. Our client develops software in a friendly and flexible working environment. As VP Of Engineering you will work closely with the CEO to build the technical division and shape the engineering function and take ownership of what technologies you want to work with/introduce to the team.
This is a hands-on leadership role, and the successful candidate will have experience leading big teams and going through major growth. Due to COVID, the position will initially be home based but will then require a fair amount of time in the London Office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leading the team through management and mentorship.
- Defining a recruitment strategy with other managers.
- Developing standards and procedures to ensure that quality standards are met and consistent.
- Preparing and optimizing budgets.
- Recommending technological developments and improvements on efficiency.
- Developing the team to ensure quality end products.
- The ideal candidate will have an engineering degree and have been working for at least 5years in back-end development.
- Previous working experience in software design and developing customer-orientated platforms (either gaming/sportsbook platforms or SaaS).
- Deep knowledge about Microsoft .Net, Azure and SQL server.
- Extensive experience in working with stakeholders to create hiring strategies to develop quality teams.
- Experience in recruiting Engineers and contributors.
- Strong recruitment experience and had been able to recruit at least 20 people in less than a year.
- Experience in managing remote teams.
- Strong organizational leadership skills.
- Motivated, confident, self-sufficient, focused and determined.
- Immediately credible at senior management level.
- Well organised and consistently meets commitments.
- A desire to try things a new way and challenge the status quo.
- A willingness to find balance between industry best practice and a pragmatic approach.
- Requires a “do whatever it takes” commitment to achieve the success of the company, its employees and customers.
- Strong problem solving, diplomacy and influencing skills.
- Comfortable operating in a highly matrixed environment.
- Can act as an equal player with key business stakeholders and ‘hold their own’ around the table.
- Confident and a proven ability to overcome setbacks and think in a solution focused way.
- Data and metrics driven and a passion for getting things right the first time.
To apply, please forward your CV along with a summary of your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/RC362.