This is a fabulous opportunity for an Operations Director to join a new growing business that is redefining the Wellness experience. The flagship for this new approach is the Company’s salon in South West London which has been open approaching a year and is already flourishing and in high demand. The company is well-funded and has ambitious plans to grow with the future establishment of further Wellness spaces and a Retreat.
To bolster its growth plans our Client is seeking an Operations Director to take responsibility for all elements of the day to day running of the business as per the strategic direction of the shareholders. The role will be well remunerated with a competitive base salary, excellent benefits and the potential for a generous bonus, for the right candidate.
The Operations Director is a proactive and autonomous role, which will be critical to the future success of the business. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Day to day running of the salon
- Financial management of the salon, including banking
- Working to, and managing against, an agreed business plan and budget
- Providing strategic advice and insight to the Board on the ongoing development of the business
- Detailed reporting to the board
- Delivery of 5-star customer service and managing any customer complaints effectively
- Organising workshops and events with the Commercial Director
- Working with the Commercial Director to ensure that the salon has high customer attraction and high customer retention rates
- HR duties, including recruitment and management of staff and holiday and sickness management
- Staff training and performance appraisal
- Operational processes and procedures
- Production, maintenance and management of company policies and procedures
- Ordering and purchasing
- Stock control and management
- Facilities management and maintenance of the facility
- Building and managing effective relationships with suppliers
To apply, candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success as a high-performing manager in a scale-up services business, where outstanding customer experience permeates every activity. The Operations Director will be the face of the business and therefore will need to live the vision and translate it into reality within the Salon.
In addition to the above, to be considered for the role, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- At least 5 years’ experience of operating at a senior management level in a personal services business, ideally in the Wellness or Beauty industries
- Outstanding leadership skills and a track record in building high-performing teams
- A combination of strategic vision, the ability to execute and high attention to detail
- Dedication to the delivery of the highest quality service and a strong commitment to ensuring customer delight
- Experience of managing budgets and finances
- Excellent management skills in terms of hitting goals, milestones and KPI’s whilst keeping to budget and ensuring quality standards are maintained
- Top quality communications, networking and stakeholder management skills
- Tireless drive, energy and motivation to deliver above and beyond targets and plans
- Strong presentation and inter-personal capabilities
- Excellent people management skills, including coaching and mentoring
- The ability to be hands-on and cope with the wide range of tasks and challenges that come with the growth of a new business.
Please apply as soon as possible providing CV and a brief overview to outline your relevant experience to: email@example.com quoting reference NJR/GO147