We are searching for a Non-Executive Director on behalf of a successful, privately held and Founder led, business with a mission to provide the Wholesale Capital Markets sector with exceptional trading communications products and services. Over the last 35+ years the company has built a global reputation serving financial services firms of all sizes. Today, more than 50,000 traders in 60 countries around the world, including 12 of the largest 15 Investment Banks, trading in every asset class, use their products. With two UK offices and international representation in New York and Singapore the company has approximately 120 employees.
The company has embarked on an ambitious growth plan with the goal of doubling revenues in the coming four years with a public listing or trade sale the ultimate objective. There is also a strategic shift to a SaaS business model in order to capitalize on adoption trends across FS that have accelerated in the aftermath of the global pandemic for digital, cloud-based technologies. In addition, the company is expanding its’ product portfolio to include regulatory technology and communications networks which will significantly increase addressable market and broaden the value proposition. Further, it is anticipated that some growth may be achieved via acquisition. As such our client wishes to strengthen their small Board of Directors with the appointment of a Non-Executive Director who will bring a strong Corporate Finance background and expertise to work with the Non-Executive Chairman and Founder-CEO.
Likely time commitment will be c.18 days per annum, which includes monthly Board meetings; additional engagement would be managed and remunerated on a project consulting basis.
The successful Non-Executive Director will:
- Be an experienced Corporate Finance professional with a good Financial Services background; Wholesale Markets expertise would be advantageous but is not essential
- Be a team player willing to support the business in its future growth plans alongside contributing at Board level to the effective governance of the firm
- Have previous Non-Executive experience, although for the right individual, we may consider someone offering an exceptional fit, skillset and outlook who is seeking their first NED appointment
- Be able to support and advise around any potential future IPO, trade sale and/or other transactions along the way
- Bring a solution mindset, good energy, engagement and an interest in the sector; you’ll likely be a ‘people person’ and be open to mentoring senior management when appropriate
Please apply as soon as possible providing CV and a brief overview to outline your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/DS152.
Norrie Johnston recruitment advises this organisation on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment.
Any Third Party applications and correspondence will be forwarded to NJR for review and no commercial consideration will be available for such unsolicited introductions.