The successful Chair will most likely have experience scaling and exiting a food retail proposition previously and have some experience of private equity or venture capital investments. They’ll certainly be comfortable with digital marketing, customer acquisition and brand development strategy as well as being a mentor to both Executive and other key members of the team. Although we do not need a food production specialist, it would certainly be beneficial to have awareness of related dynamics, KPIs etc.
We will be pleased to hear from individuals who could bring suitable expertise to support this Founder-led, fast growth, sub £10m turnover premium food treat proposition. This is very much an omnichannel play with more than 50% of revenues coming from digital channels (including D2C and via third parties such as Deliveroo); physical sites are carefully selected, require conservative CAPEX to establish and quickly deliver ROI as well as good EBITDA.
The successful Non-Executive Chair will therefore likely:
- have an exceptional Executive growth-focused track-record including exit(s)
- previous Non-Executive Chair experience, particularly with PE / VC investors ideally through to exit(s)
- excellent omnichannel, D2C, digital and eCommerce acumen particularly within food such as premium product related QSR or luxury chocolatier retail
- be used to premium productization, understand branding, and isn’t just a retail roll-out expert but really understands digital / delivery and ecommerce
- be used to helping develop organisational structure and mentoring the Executive team
- whilst not essential, it would also be beneficial to have experience of retail multiple customers (Tesco etc) and have some franchising roll-out experience (especially overseas)
Compensation: Competitive remuneration including equity opportunity
Please apply as soon as possible providing CV and a brief overview to outline your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/DS146