Our Client operates, sells, innovates and services a wide range of vending equipment primarily aimed at the consumer market in over 20 countries. Generally sited in prime locations such as supermarkets, shopping malls and public transport venues, the vast majority of these units are operated and maintained by our client. The Group operates in 18 countries worldwide.
As Managing Director for our client’s UK operation you will oversee a team of c. 230 people and be responsible for all commercial aspects of the business, including Sales, Key Account Management, Administration, Finance and Operations, including all field servicing of equipment at client locations across the UK/Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will be a commercially and operationally orientated business leader, with a strong bias to sales and key account management with good understanding of the retail market, bringing trading acumen and understanding of sales/distribution channel routes-to-market to drive top line revenue and net profit contribution to the country P&L.
The role reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer who is not based in the UK. Therefore the ideal candidate must be able to work autonomously with remote management experience. The candidate must be able to demonstrate exceptional management and organisational skills. He/she needs to be commercially sound with a strong track record of growing a business through developing existing client relations, generating new business, new products to market and revenue growth, coupled with strong leadership competencies to enable oversight, support, development and quality results of a team working in a challenging and tough business environment.
- Review and understand the company’s vision and strategy.
- Assess the alignment of all departments in meeting those values and targets.
- Identify the most significant threats to under-achieving against the company’s financial targets.
- Creat a plan to ensure the business meets its strategy, turnover and margins.
- A driven and self-assured sales-focused business leader.
- Strong team builder with an inspirational and motivational management style.
- Proven track record of accomplishment of developing and growing a business.
- Able to identify frontline issues and, when required, capable of leading from the front to resolve them.
- Success in launching new products to market.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref: NJR/PH039