This is an excellent opportunity to work for this market leading Insurance brand in the UK. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will have responsibility for driving a profitable and customer centric strategy in the UK business by focusing on an exceptional customer experience and profitable growth.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the UK business including P&L responsibility in accordance with agreed business plans and subject to compliance with underwriting policy, group accounting, reinsurance and reserving policies.
- In line with our client’s broader organisation goals, culture and risk appetite, develop and implement commercial strategies for them in the UK by assessing external and internal opportunities and by developing plans to grow and diversify income streams and market share.
- Develop and maintain an excellent understanding of current and future customers to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
- As part of the broader UK leadership team, act as a senior figure head across the organisation and promote a culture that delivers engaging experiences and outstanding opportunities for colleagues.
- Collaborate with central functions to ensure broader organisational goals are being met.
- Champion new product or service development through to successful implementation.
- Set and monitor performance of commercial activities using stretching KPIs which drive organisational performance and meet or improve on budget, cost, volume and efficiency targets
- Represent the business externally e.g. with key partners, suppliers and at networking events, to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
- Collaborate closely with the group level account team to ensure clear communication and delivery of Europe wide programmes.
- Communicate with and influence major stakeholders (internal and external) to achieve business objectives.
- Maintain an awareness of external factors (including competitors and regulatory) which impact the business.
- Liaise with relevant internal departments and external partners to ensure that customer needs are met and that their requirements are fully communicated throughout the business.
Knowledge Skills and Experience required:
- 5+ years proven experience as senior leader within the motor insurance sector.
- Strong account management experience. Understands how money is made in motor insurance to protect our clients’ interests in front of their client.
- Exemplary project management and communication skills with the ability to impress clients, satisfy customers, and keep large multi-dimensional teams working together.
- Ability to form strong relationships with all elements within our clients’ value chain
- Ability to work closely with the rest of our client’s operations, driving both sales and profit, which requires strong relationship management and organisation coordination and project management skills
- Gravitas, with the ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company’s profile.
- Evidence of a high level of commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to simply convey complex ideas.
- Analytic and problem-solving skills with a practical numbers-oriented mind.
- Tenacious and results driven with sound business judgement.
- Expert negotiating and influencing skills with a solid background of influencing and closing commercial contracts.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to provide a high quality service.
- Numerate with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
- Good IT skills e.g. Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A logical thinker, able to interpret client needs, and assume appropriate course of action to meet these needs.
- Strong leadership skills and experience of engaging stakeholders and teams.
Customer focused attitude.
- Committed to learning and development.
- High energy and drive to innovate and collaborate.
- Positive outlook about growing the company, and driving commercial excellence.
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com quoting reference NJR/RC360.