The opportunity is with an exciting new venture which is being started to acquire and consolidate a large number of cash and carry, meat processing and butchery operations with a view to revolutionising the Butchery experience in England and Wales – create a Starbucks/Costa style-brand for butcher’s shops. The company has obtained financing for the operation and has already agreed contracts with 3 cash and carry businesses, a large meat processing company and a number of local butcher’s shops. Contractual negotiations are also proceeding with a large number of other businesses which ultimately will create a business with a combined turnover in excess of £50m.
The objective is to float the business as soon as possible.
The business owners are now looking to put together an executive team to take this exciting business opportunity forward and the first requirement is for an experienced and heavy hitting Chief Financial Officer. The role will be on an interim basis, in the first instance, although it is anticipated that there will be an opportunity to convert to permanent. Since this will be the first key appointment for the business, the role will be wide-ranging and require involvement in a number of important operational areas particularly in relation to the consolidation and rationalisation of the acquired entities.
The start-up nature of this business means that the candidate will need to have, as a matter of course, strong CFO experience, but also the ability, initially, to get involved in all aspects of the business.
Specific requirements include:
- Demonstrable, highly successful track record as FD/CFO in organisations that span SME and large corporate entities
- Demonstrable experience of the food retail and/or food processing operations including knowledge and understanding of the full supply chain and brand creation and sustenance
- Significant experience of company acquisition, integration and consolidation
- Ability to work effectively with the finance community and with complex financial instruments; strong investor relations capabilities
- Ability to build and scale a business from the ground up to a FTSE level operation
- Awareness of what is required to create a strong, cohesive new brand from a disparate set of acquisitions
- Proactive, ambitious, committed, tenacious individual not afraid to take hard decisions and follow them through with timely and effective actions.
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your current day rate when applying.