Human Resources Director
Based in Qatar
Full expat package available
Start Date: ASAP (Latest Mid January)
Our client is a newly formed International Division of a major European Defence and Automotive engineering and manufacturing company. Our client’s strategy is to expand into target territories by establishing manufacturing Joint Ventures with local firms. As a result, our client has recently formed a new joint venture operation in Qatar and is now looking to recruit a HR Director. This high-profile role forms a key part of the company’s global operation.
Working alongside the CEO, the HR Director will be responsible for leading the HR function. You will be a true business enabler and play a key role as part of the Leadership team of this joint venture operation. You will have Operational, Strategic, Leadership and People Development responsibilities, but most importantly you will be a hands-on individual with the ability to really question business decisions on Execution/Performance and business strategy. You will work closely with all areas of the business, providing HR advice and guiding senior managers in all areas of employment law and current practices.
You will assist the client-appointed CEO in setting up a manufacturing JV company in Qatar:
- The position will deal with setting up and leading the HR function processes and procedures (linked with our client’s processes, ways of working, quality standards, and codes of practise) and compliance with in country legislation
- Draft and implement HR strategy working alongside the SMT and department heads in line with the JV’s business plan
- Mange HR team and ensure best HR practice and compliance with HR procedures and policies.
- Advise and oversee complex employee relations issues
- Responsibility for recruitment and training. Evaluate and make recommendations on training
- Responsibility for appraisal process
- Responsibility for staff welfare and health and safety
- Bring experience in dealing with shareholders across cultures
- Bring high level commercial expertise
- Establish back office support structure as fast as possible
The ideal candidate:
- Experienced HRD / senior HR professional with proven track record of success in leading JV operations and HR teams
- Previous experience gained in Defence sector – essential
- Previous experience of working in country in Qatar – essential
- CIPD qualified or a similar HR qualification
- Proven track record of leading HR teams in complex, international large scale joint venture operations
- Ability to manage employees and staff at all levels
- Significant experience as HR generalist and experience in all areas of HR and employee relations.
- Detailed knowledge of Qatar employment legislation
- Experienced in creating and implementing HR strategy
- Ability to manage cultural differences and high-level relationships
- Must speak and write fluent English
- Degree level education
- Ideally Security Clearance
The position is based in Doha and a full expat package including family accommodation, relocation support, car, schooling, etc is currently available for the successful candidate.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com
Please include details of your current remuneration, notice period and salary expectations when applying.