Our client is a thriving London-based Auction House, which is currently at an exciting new chapter in its evolution. Established 40 years ago, it has a loyal London client base and has recently begun expanding its online business to an international audience. As the founder steps back, handing over the business to the employees, there is an exciting opportunity to join the leadership team, helping the business through its next phase of evolution and growth
Our client is looking to recruit a People, Culture and Operations Lead to strengthen its leadership team. This will be a 3 day per week role, reporting to the Managing Director, for an experienced manager with a facilitative and coaching style and approach to lead the Company’s team through a period of transition over the next 12 months and support them in the smooth running of their operations.
- As a member of the leadership team, contribute to the strategy and business plan for the next phase of the business
- People management for a team of 15 people, including valuers, porters and receptionists, helping them work effectively together.
- Evolving the culture to be self-organising and autonomous, facilitating the team in decision making and improved ways of working.
- Overseeing all areas of financial management for the business, presenting financial and management information to the leadership, trustees and employees in a way that can be clearly understood and used.
- Facilitate and coordinate the preparation for a smooth transition to new premises (anticipated Summer 2023)
Candidates will need to have had broad-based operational leadership experience with a strong emphasis on people and financial management capabilities.
Essential skills and experience
- Minimum of 10 years management experience, preferably leading change initiatives
- Familiarity with a people-centred approach to business
- Excellent general HR experience and capabilities
- Strong financial management skills, together with good commercial awareness
- Experience working with a combination of blue chip and smaller, fast-paced growing businesses
• Experience in business strategy development/planning
• Interest in and knowledge of the auction business, or closely related retail business models
If you are interested in the above role and believe that you have the requisite qualifications, skills and experience please send an up-to-date copy of your CV, quoting the correct job reference, your last / current salary and the date from which you are available to commence work to firstname.lastname@example.org.