Our client is the leading provider of international tax and wealth management advice to UK nationals living in Europe. The company is owned by its management and locally-based Partners and has over 20 offices across seven countries – London (HQ), Malta (operational hub), and regional offices across Spain, France, Portugal, Cyprus and Monaco. The company is highly successful and has strong growth ambitions and is now looking for a dynamic individual to join the company as Head of Business Operations / Deputy COO. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a successful, expanding business in a role where they can really make a difference. The successful individual has the ability to deputise for the COO and be a potential successor.
Reporting directly to the COO, the Head of Operations, will be responsible for the day to day effective workings of all operational units which support frontline advisors together with the efficient processing of all client related transactions.
The mission is to build a market leading operational capability, to match the high level of Tax and Wealth Management advice offered to a High Net Worth client base and to develop a first-class client centric servicing regime which maximises technology.
All potential candidates will require high quality personnel and change management skills, allied to a highly client and service centric outlook.
- Effective Management of Operational Processing Units, Business Technology & Administration
- Ownership and enhancement of all operational processes, making sure that client transactions are carried out in a timely and error free manner
- Responsibility for the day to day links with key 3rd Party Product and Service providers, becoming the go to individual in relation to their daily operational working
- Linkage with the company’s Trustees, Pensions & Compliance groups to make sure operations are co-ordinated, compliant and effective
- Development of enhanced operational working between Central Functions & the Branch structure
- Achieve effective use of the ‘Operating Platform’ by the development of optimised standardised processes and procedures
- Work with the ‘Platform Manager’ to use Xplan to its maximum functional potential to enhance operational effectiveness
- Development of ‘Online Client Services’
The ideal candidate will have a very strong background and record in:
- the development of ‘Operational Excellence’ in the IFA / Wealth Management sector
- dealing with High Net Worth Clients
- knowledge of the products and services offered to such a client base
- supporting frontline advisors
- understanding how current and new technologies can be harnessed.
In addition, candidates should be knowledgeable and well versed in the product life cycle and its administrative requirements, with some experience of Insurance linked Offshore Bonds and Pensions.
With the company looking to upgrade its operational abilities based in different countries, the candidate must have an excellent track record in co-ordinating working across multiple locations. IT savvy with knowledge of using ‘Platforms’, the role requires good people and client management skills and the ability to work across different cultures.
- Entrepreneurial mind-set: innovation, creativity and relationship building skills
- Excellent time and team management skills with the ability to mentor individuals
- Proven track record of coordinating multi-functional teams toward a common goal
- Proactive, self-starter with the ability to multi-task and work independently at all levels
- Ability to articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience and the ability to solve complex challenges through careful and detailed analysis, planning and execution
- Detailed and exacting, with a ‘roll ones sleeves up’ approach and ‘can do’ attitude.
- Understanding of IRESS Xplan, and other UK Platforms such as Transact, 7im or Fidelity
To apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: NJR/GO102