Our client is looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to take full control of the P&L, direct and oversee the company’s daily business activities and develop and implement effective business strategies, while improving overall business functions.The General Manager’s duties will include allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating and developing business department managers and their operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with customers and vendors, providing high quality recruitment, retention and training resources for employees, identifying business opportunities, and monitoring financial activities to deliver growth and profit. All this while ensuring that employees operate in a safe environment.The Person
The successful candidate is likely to hold engineering and manufacturing domain knowledge with experience in quality management systems implementation and controls and production engineering. A background in lean principles and implementation is highly desirable.
Over the next 3 years the General Manager will:
- Deliver strategic and cultural change to develop the business into a modern lean manufacturing operation;
- Ensure continued growth in sales whilst maintaining strong profitability through the development and improvement of the business;
- Develop systems and administration of the business to build strong foundations for further growth with a strong focus on the successful implementation of a comprehensive business system/ERP.
- Manage, coach and mentor the role’s senior management team.
- Degree in business management or engineering discipline or equivalent.
- Previous engineering/manufacturing sector experience gained working for a SME
- A background in lean principles, continuous Improvement methodology.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Highly organized.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Commercial acumen
- Computer literate.
- Proactive nature.