Our client is launching a new FinTech fund of ca £50m and is looking for an experienced Fund Manager to work closely with the founding partners on exciting and profitable investments in the FinTech sector. The fund is a 5-year close ended investment fund and is already fully-funded via, in the main, five major investors. Funds will be invested in early stage (Ventures/Series A) companies, with a focus on fin tech and other blockchain related companies. Growth equity investments will range between £1m and £5m. The partners are already working on raising a second fund of ca £150m
To lead the Fund, Our client are looking for a highly experienced and demonstrably successful investor, who has seen multiple investment cycles and has proven judgment. The right individual will be able generate their own deal flow and attract market-leading businesses. They will be the type of person that will put the fund at the cutting edge of disruptive technology investments across the globe and will have a real sense of how to do this.
The key objective of the Fund Manager will be to maximise the return on investment in the various funds established by the Company over, through increasing revenues, profitability and growth.
In order to achieve this the individual will:
- Identify and develop business opportunities to generate revenue
- Work with the C-level team on the next fund raise
- Provide effective leadership and strategy by identifying, recruiting, training and retaining a winning team
- Deliver an exceptional service to existing clients whilst identifying new clients with a “hunter sales” mentality
- Oversee the development, design, marketing, promotion and delivery of programs, products and services
- Attract and retain new potential investors
- Analyse and anticipate market trends and growth opportunities
- Develop and maintain relationships with all stakeholders (up to the C-level).
- Increase conversion from pitch to proposals within a specific timeline
- Close deals in a timely and cost-effective manner.
The successful candidate will bring an outstanding track record of investing across the globe, into high growth, high tech businesses together with an ability to work with investee companies to create long-term value. You will need to be adaptable and insightful when identifying new areas of opportunity and have an intrinsic understanding of global technology trends and applications. The right person will show strong entrepreneurial drive, have huge amounts of energy and an innate sense of where future value lies.
Specifically, the individual will have a:
- Strong global network in the FinTech, Blockchain and high-growth technology sectors
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience and a proven track record of successful investment in global high-growth, high-tech businesses
- Good Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and/or Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Strong track record in at least two of statistics, economics, mathematics and accountancy
- A proven aptitude for data analytics, analytical thinking, problem solving and reasoned decision making
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communication skills
- First-rate inter-personal skills
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to build and inspire an outstanding team
- Excellent organisation capabilities, with strong attention to detail and time management
- Highly motivated, energetic and ambitious with the ability to multi-task and work under high pressure.
To apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting NJR/GO060