Our client is a well-established, highly successful, sector-respected, growing and profitable SME (c.£40m t/o) founded around 20 years ago with a primary focus on consumer financial services (recent PE investment within this sector illustrates a clear opportunity for this Founder-led business).
They are now seeking to engage the services of an experienced and proven finance professional as Finance Director who will manage and lead their small finance function. Taking ownership of the day-to-day running of the department to ensure an effective, high-performing team which not only ensures accurate and timely reporting but also, from such solid foundations, will enable this person to become a trusted member of the leadership team, adding strategic as well as tactical value to this growing and dynamic business.
- Fully qualified accountant with finance department leadership experience, a clear commercial, business and analytical acumen coupled with the gravitas to lead and inspire
- Sage Line 50 user preferred but in general being IT competent / systems literate and proficient with Excel
- A highly-organised, self-sufficient and ‘hands-on’ team-player with a delivery, on-time, mindset (whether that’s MI provision, month-end, year-end, budgeting and planning or statutory accounts / submissions)
- Accomplished both tactically and strategically so as to be a key business partner for the CEO / Board
- Previous experience of a fast-paced and dynamic SME and / or Founder-led business would be highly preferable
- FCA exposure would be beneficial
- Comfortable working collegiately cross-functionally with other Heads of department
Location: North Yorkshire (commutable from Harrogate, Leeds etc – future hybrid working potential once established in role and as part of the SLT)
Should you wish to express an interest in this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible quoting reference NJR/DS165 in the subject field, providing your CV as well as a brief summary of your relevant experience, a guide to your remuneration expectations as well as your notice period or availability to commence the role if successful. We are keen to appoint to the position with both diligence and speed on behalf of our client.
NJR advises the organisation on the basis of an exclusive consulting assignment.
Any Third Party applications and correspondence will be forwarded by our client for us, as their retained advisor, to review and no commercial consideration will be available for such unsolicited introductions.