Our client, an award winning regional charity provides accommodation and support services to the 16 – 25 year-old age group as well as advice and guidance services to 11 – 15 year olds with the intention of reducing the numbers that become homeless in later teenage years. Sadly, issues of and related to homelessness are on the increase and further complicated by mental health problems and addictions.
Ultimately the aim is to enable vulnerable and disadvantaged young people to develop as good contributing citizens and progress into education, training and employment.
The Chair and the Board are proud of a strong governance track record and are determined to maintain that track record into the future.
Following the announcement that the longstanding Company Secretary has decided to retire we have been asked if we would assisting with the appointment of this critical role for the Charity.
- Working with the Chair of Directors and Board of Trustees, to ensure that the organisation pursues its objects as defined in the governing documents
- Advise the Board on their statutory and corporate responsibilities and matters of corporate governance
- Complete Company Secretary’s annual Compliance Report
- Perform all Company Secretary duties as defined in the Delegated Duties Register and ensure that it is kept up to date ensuring effective minutes are taken and finalised
- Organisation of all AGM
- Ensure effective governance of all matters where Circular Resolutions are required
- Timely filing of statutory documents at Companies House and Charity Commission (Annual Accounts, Annual Return, changes in Directors, Confirmation Statement etc)
- Maintain registers and statutory documents (People with Significant Control, Conflicts of Interest, Register of Members, Memorandum and Articles of Association, Director’s Annual Declarations)
- Monitor newsletters and changes published by the Charity Commission and Companies House and brief the Board where necessary
- Act as advisor to the Board on simple legal matters regarding Companies Acts and Charity Commission Rules and Regulations
North Hampshire with good transport links – commutable from London
Approximately 12-15 days per annum which includes:
- 6 Board meetings per year
- Physical presence on a charity site from time to time
- Prompt response to emails and calls throughout the month
We would like to hear from individuals who can demonstrate:
- The highest standards of personal integrity and professionalism
- Strong interest in social issues of youth homelessness and supporting vulnerable and disadvantaged young people
- Experience of the Company Secretary role
- Ability to build and develop strong, supporting working relationships with a forming Leadership Team, advising and coaching the Leadership Team and Board on all governance and charity matters as required
- Ability to attend all Board meetings
- A member (or retired) of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators would be desirable or alternatively, a degree/significant experience in business, law, accountancy or public administration
Should you wish to express an interest in the position please email email@example.com as soon as possible, providing a brief summary of your relevant experience that would make you a good Company Secretary Trustee for the charity, quoting reference NJR/DS105