This is an excellent opportunity to work for one of the world’s largest container leasing companies which provides new container equipment for leasing to 800 customers worldwide, delivering container equipment from 189 port locations across 44 countries.
Technology has become key to advancing product and service innovation and contributing to our client’s business growth. Our client needs to continue to stay on top of relevant trends to contribute to their success. Reporting directly to the CEO, the Chief Information Officer is responsible for all aspects of the Information Technology function within the business, which includes systems, network, telecommunications, infrastructure, IT equipment and phones, security, and compliance. This is all done with a commercial understanding of our client’s business needs.
The Chief Information Officer will be based in Singapore and is also responsible for the definition and implementation of the long-term IT strategy that, aligned with the business vision, will ensure business growth through continuous systems improvement and innovation. You must be able to work in fast changing technology landscape and manage the responsibilities and pressures while leading the business to continued success.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Have an innovative and global mindset to continuously evaluate the ever-evolving nature of technology to enhance profitability and efficiencies.
- The company has a heavy reliance on SAP to manage their processes and systems and, although the CIO doesn’t need to have in-depth knowledge of SAP (they have a highly skilled SAP team in place), its essential that they have SAP understanding and will take the time to understand SAP reliance and requirements.
- Provide vision and leadership for the ongoing development, improvement and maintenance of a global information technology structure that best supports the business strategy within the stipulated budget and other constraints.
- Creation and execution of short term (1 year) and long term (3 years) operating plans that specify the services and investment programmes that IT will deliver to the business, in agreement with all other business functions.
- Maintain and constantly improve a corporate server infrastructure that can support the business in its totality, ensuring data centres are properly operated and secured, and that processes are in place to guarantee the stability and security of the systems and data through the regular execution of preventing procedures such as data backups, disaster recovery tests, or system access reviews.
- Ensure yearly compliance with SOX and external IT audits.
- Enforce strict change control procedures are in place for the development of business applications.
- Ensure the security and integrity of the company’s systems and data.
- Provide IT support to the world-wide office network, including the operation of a 24/7 helpdesk.
- Develop and maintain the necessary telecommunications infrastructure to allow for the 24/7 connection of all company offices world-wide to the centrally located data centres.
- Overseeing relationships with vendors, contractors and services providers and agreed service level agreements.
- As a member of the senior management team, having a collaborative and transparent relationship with all of them. Being able to influence and guide decisions within this group will be essential too. You will be required on an ad hoc basis to present to our board of directors.
- Lastly but importantly, overseeing a team of 28 IT professionals who are mostly based in Singapore but with some team members in Europe and the US. Keeping the team inspired, motivated and developed is key to retention and sustainability strategies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experienced CIO with minimum of 15 to 20 years of progressive IT experience
- Relevant sector experience gained within either global transportation/maritime shipping/leasing/asset management or financial services/securitisation
- Foreign national with previous experience of working in Singapore/Asia for a global, multi-cultural organisation
- Previous experience with SAP S4/HANA
- Previous experience with AWS
- Proven track record of long term digital transformation and experience in Cyber/IT security, infrastructure and hardware
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field
- Strong management and leadership experience of a minimum of 20 staff – motivating teams, implementing talent attraction and retention strategies, etc.
- Commercial insight and ability to understand business needs and translate into solutions
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strategic planning and business growth skills
- Enhanced stakeholder management and negotiation skills
- Proven track record of successful execution of complex IT projects
- Prior systems development or infrastructure experience is desirable.
- Appreciation of compliance and security policies
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to change and evolution of digital transformation. Be able to sell the benefits of technology and the need for digital transformation.
- Problem solving and creativity in designing viable and impactful solutions
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference NJR/RC402.