Our client is the leading provider of international tax and wealth management advice to UK nationals living in Europe. The company is owned by its management and locally-based Partners and has over 20 offices across seven countries – London (HQ), Malta (operational hub), and regional offices across Spain, France, Portugal, Cyprus and Monaco. The company is highly successful and has strong growth ambitions and is now looking for a dynamic individual to join the company as Business Technology Solutions Manager. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a successful, expanding business in a role where they can really make a difference.
Business Technology Solutions (BTS) are in the last phases of moving everything possible to cloud based solutions utilising market standard solutions and providers such as Microsoft, VMware etc. BTS supports 250+ users in over 20 offices across the UK and Continental Europe and the ability to support all these offices in a secure and consistent manner has driven the move to the cloud and service solutions rather than in-house developments. The wealth management platform (XPLAN) which is used across the business to manage clients and products is a highly configurable SaaS solution delivered by IRESS.
The Business Technology Support Manager is responsible for the day to day management of all the IT specialists within the Group including outsourced arrangements, hardware, software, networking, security, user technology, first to third tier support and MIS systems.
Candidates for the role must be able to manage effectively people while also possessing extensive technical knowledge to lead successfully a small team with wide responsibilities. Tasks include managing projects, providing leadership, and developing strategies to improve client relationships. Other typical duties are analysing the organization’s technological needs, overseeing network security, and determining the personnel needs of the department.
This is a permanent role based in Malta for a minimum of the first 18 months. There are 3 elements of the BTS team of 10 full time staff – IT (4), XPLAN (4), MIS (2) and all but one staff member are based in Malta.
- Operationally manage the Business Technology Support Team to ensure the service provided is efficient, effective, continuous, and secure and meets the needs of service users whether delivered internally or via business partners.
- Manage relationships with 3rd Party providers of products & services
- Implement strategies within the core and across remote sites to support delivery of excellent service to service users and end customers.
- Manage the business partners to ensure service delivery meets user needs.
- Maximise the performance of the team against defined Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) through effective real time management.
- Develop and deliver timely management information that provides a solid basis for decision making at Executive and operational levels
- Ensure that all sites are supported in a cost-effective and efficient manner utilising the available resources to provide service users with access to services and support 18/7 outside of required upgrades and maintenance activities.
- Provide effective business continuity for all key services
- Ensure excellence in customer services through effective performance management of the team.
- Actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement within the organisation.
- Participate and contribute to relevant management meetings.
- Promote effective communication throughout all levels of the organisation holding regular meetings with teams and individuals.
Qualifications Experience & Skills
- At least 5 years management experience within a similar role
- Microsoft cloud – O365 E3 or higher, EMS inc. InTune, Azure inc. SQL
- Virtual desktop/ DaaS
- Cloud Hosting
- Infrastructure design and management
- Information and cyber security management
- UK wealth management platform experience
- Change and project management skills
- The management of third parties / outsourced arrangements including contract and service level management
- Implementation and management of information security standards ideally NIST (other standards such as ISO 27001 are acceptable)
- An understanding of the IFA & Private Client Wealth sector & its products
- Experience of remote / user self-service support models
- Experience of working across multi -jurisdictional environments
- Proven experience of the following products:
- VMware Horizon (or similar)
- IRESS XPLAN (or similar)
- Proofpoint (or similar)
- A broad knowledge of Technology
- A client centric approach and an intuitive understanding of the business benefits of efficient use of technology
- Detailed and exacting mindset, with a ‘roll ones sleeves up’ and ‘can do attitude’
- Excellent time and team management skills with the ability to mentor individuals
- Ability to explain complex technical issues to non-IT staff
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference NJR/GO103