Our client is a UK market leading FMCG brand who sell through major retailers across multiple channels on an International basis.
Based Leeds – Immediate start required.
Duration: 3 – 6 months.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
- Deliver current and future sustainable product groups that exceed expectations within the agreed company strategy
- Be responsible for the overall performance of all products within the category
- To develop with the Business Units strategic marketing plans for product groups, in-line with corporate strategy; identifying new business opportunities and investments
- Manage a team of Product Managers to achieve the objects set by the business
- Manage and monitor sales, profit and margin for designated product groups against agreed targets
- Lead and monitor the process to Identify, research, develop and launch new products within our agreed centres of excellence
- Enhance new or existing products through design or the redesign of products and/or packaging, in line with company branding, DNA and ease of use.
- Develop a understanding of the changing market place through close relationships with sales teams, customers and the market
- Provide range and category management to key customers
- Provide technical, legal, data and general product information as required
- In cooperation with Marketing Services, prepare literature, customer support materials and training for product groups
- Have a sound understanding of the performance of the business and its product groups
- Seek to reduce costs to obtain “value for money” and improve margin, in conjunction with the purchasing dept in line with budget
- Support the members of trade product team to the achieve their objectives by giving them the training, tools and opportunities to do a better job
- Ensure controlled, prudent control of expenditure to achieve a maximum return.
- Set and monitor departmental objectives within the company strategy and communicate these to the trade product team
- Other Responsibilities
- Support the sale teams with customer presentations, visits and training
- Assist with exhibitions and trade shows
- Produce monthly reports to monitor performance and progress
- Attend management meetings to have an input in the efficient operation of the business
- Travel to Far East and Europe as and when required, including liaison with suppliers of existing products and prospective new suppliers, and attending trade shows.
IDEAL CANDIDATE – KEY COMPETENCIES / ATTRIBUTES
- An experienced Interim Head of / Director of Product Management
- A proven track record in FMCG/broader consumer products sector with change management/own brand/cross industry/retail packaging excellence/category management experience
- An engaging leader who gains buy-in and respect from team/peers
- Strong commercial awareness
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good communication and relationship building skills at all levels of the business
- A tenacious ability to get things done and work effectively across multiple streams
- Excellent people management skills
Please note – this is an Interim assignment. Please only apply if you are available immediately to start or can start within the next 2-3 weeks. Please ensure to include details of your current day rate / day rate expectations when applying.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com quoting ref: NJR/RC211