Our client are designers and makers of unique sculptural lighting, furniture and artworks of the highest calibre. They are commissioned by celebrated interior decorators, collectors and discerning private individuals worldwide.
The Company has experienced significant growth in North America since 2020 and, as a result, they are now seeking a dynamic, ambitious and experienced Head of US Sales who will play a crucial role in the growth and success of the company in North America.
This is a fabulous opportunity to be the first person on the ground in the US to initially drive sales growth and over time establish the wider US operation, including a New York showroom.
The position will be initially remote, although eventually it will be based in the showroom in New York. Also, due to the nature of the work, the candidate will need to be in daily contact with the design and manufacturing teams in London.
The Head of US Sales, will be the first person on the ground in the US for the Company, so, as a result, it will have considerable responsibility for the performance of the company’s sales and its standing in the marketplace.
This is a managerial role that will oversee projects, budgets and staff requiring excellent organizational and communication skills but candidates will need to be hands-on with a proven track record of closing sales.
Specific Responsibilities will include
- Developing, nurturing and sustaining new and existing relationships with clients
- Maintaining detailed and current understanding of existing and potential clients within the North American market to ensure that new opportunities are capitalized upon
- Identifying trends in data and analytics leveraging both external and internal client data
- Developing and growing the Company’s North American client base
- Developing, and monitoring against, sales, business development and account management plans as a basis for progressive sales growth
- Building, managing and developing a small US based sales team
- Producing and presenting client proposals
- Managing and overseeing the complete end to end sales process including post sale follow-ups and post-sale deliverables
- Adhering to and supporting the continuous improvement of Company-wide systems and processes
- Travelling to attend in-person meetings
- Attending marketing events, both internal and external, to drive new business.
Successful candidates will be well informed regarding high-end interiors markets and able to provide an outstanding service to clients, exceeding all expectations.
They will also have a strong background in high-end sales environments such as contemporary art and/or design, ideally selling furniture and lighting which requires a considered project style approach.
Specific Skills and experience will include:
- Client facing sales experience preferably 8-10 years+ selling products with a price range of $5,000 to $250,000
- Knowledge and experience within the high-end interior products sector
- Extensive experience in generating new business leads
- Demonstrable experience in account management with proven sales record
- Demonstrable high conversion rate of opportunities to orders
- Demonstrable and proven success in delivering 7-figure sales targets
- High level of competency in Photoshop and Microsoft products and CRM Software
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong persuasive and collaborative sales technique based on a detailed understanding of customer needs and the Company’s offers
- A positive, confident and determined approach
- Resilience and the ability to cope with rejection
- Attention to detail and an eye for design and quality
- Commercial awareness and numerical ability
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Reliable, flexible, collaborative and supportive
- Baccalaureate degree within Art, Design or Interiors (or equivalent).
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email Graham Oates at email@example.com attaching a current copy of your CV and quoting reference NJR/GO168