Excellent opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to work for this global market leader.
The Supply Chain Manager, reporting to the Head of Operations, is responsible for the uninterrupted flow of materials, packaging and supplies to meet customer demand; ensuring budgeted sales figures are met on time and in full. Inventory control and accuracy is a key responsibility of this role. The supply chain manager is responsible for the Planning, purchasing, warehouse and logistics planning elements of the business. Minimising costs through contract negotiation and diligent use of transport and ensuring that Inventory is kept at a level that allows for operational execution yet does not tie up excessive amounts of working capital. The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for the warehouse team and ensure that the area operates in line with the safety requirements of the business and remains hygienic and organised at all times. The Supply Chain Manager will take an active role in the implementation of the new ERP system and oversee the migration of the required data and records in a timely fashion.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure a safe operation with all risk assessments completed and work carried out accordingly
- Monitor and report on all production inventory quantities, ensure that consumption and scrap levels are accurately recorded and maintained on the ERP system. Communicate stock quantity variance each month to the accounts team.
- To adhere to quality standards and ensure that the department team members have the correct relevant training in relevant procedures and standards.
- Ensure that Supply of Materials to the Production team meets the requirements of the business and that shortages are clearly communicated and corrected swiftly.
- Set Monitor and Report on Department Key Performance Indicators, manage team and process to achieve objectives and KPI targets
- To lead, motivate and develop staff, ensuring that they are well informed and have ownership of their responsibilities.
- Monitor team output and provide guidance where performance does not meet expectations.
- Ensure that stock accuracy is maintained and contribute to implementing an electronic inventory system.
- Liaise with the Technical Development Team in order to order parts and materials to the correct specification and only from approved suppliers
- Lead the Planning and Purchasing function to improve production consistency and efficiency.
- Work with the Engineering team to ensure that time is planned on the lines to achieve preventative maintenance requirements
- To take responsibility for, and ensure employee compliance to, all company and legislative Health & Safety and environmental requirements within the department.
- Implement and manage appropriate statistical collection and analysis systems and use the information to guide appropriate action to improve performance.
- Manage prices of raw materials and componentry in line with annual targets.
- Ensure material prices are kept up-to date on the system.
- Ensure that price increases are communicated on a monthly basis.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experienced Supply Chain Professional
- ERP experience/preferably system implementation
- Ideally experience in a growing, performance orientated manufacturing / FMCG industry
- Degree level qualified in a Relevant Operations or Supply Chain Discipline
- 10yrs supply chain experience
- High level spreadsheet knowledge a given
Behaviours & Skills:
- Confident, self-assured individual who has experience with liaising with staff at a range of levels.
- Self-motivated, diligent and accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
- You will demand high standards from yourself and be aiming to develop your current skill set.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills, strong influencing skills with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent Excel and ERP knowledge, with attention to detail that gives the ability to recognise and analyse key facts that will have an impact on the business.
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com quoting NJR/RC228