This is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced Sales Director/Chief Commercial Officer to join this rapidly expanding premium British lifestyle/interior design brand that prides itself on providing its customers with an outstanding personal service and craftsmanship. Reporting directly to the MD and as a Board member, this is a newly created role where you will be involved in building and delivering the 5 year strategic plan whilst continuing to the drive year on year growth (36% YOY growth) and create a world class brand.
- Involvement in building the 5-year strategic plan – towards the group £50m enterprise value
- Responsible for developing a strategic plan to advance the company’s brand presence in the marketplace to promote revenue, profitability, and growth in the UK:
- 3–5 year key thrusts
- Annual targets
- Quarterly objectives
- Daily huddle to drive execution
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding the collective sales targets by coaching, mentoring, and growing the sales team to be able to competently grow the respective regions and seek out new opportunities for the future.
- Expert in understanding the sales process, market area, trends, opportunities and competitive activity.
Duties and responsibilities
- Assigning sales territories, setting quotas, mentoring the team, building a sales plan.
- Guiding, coaching, and managing sales team’s activities to achieve agreed sales & profitability targets.
- Mentoring members of the team to realise their full potential
- Use sales data to keep up to date with current market trends and customer needs.
- Deliver sales and gross profit for each account/sales person. Evaluating performance of executives for compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives
- Providing direction and guidance for the creation of account plans for larger accounts.
- Identify and create a strong loyal relationship with all decision makers.
- Use pareto analysis to ensure top accounts giving 80% of the business is maintained and growing
- Present company report at Director meetings.
- Aware and contributing to company KPIs and business plan.
- Aware of all competitive activities within major accounts.
- Promote disciplined use of CRM and administration.
- Sales presentations for major accounts to demonstrate the credibility of the business and its products
- Handle pricing information with the sales team and negotiate with high level decision makers
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with strategic alliances
- Create sales strategies with sales team aligned with business goals
- Enterprise value
- YOY Rev growth
- Gross profit
- Build a world class brand
- Annual, Quarterly, & Monthly Revenues
- GP (Orders in / Orders Invoiced)
- Leads converted
- Partners on target
Qualifications / Experience
- Professional positive attitude
- Skilled coach and mentor
- Consultative, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of literacy and numeracy skills
- Track record of training preferable
- Experience of having grown with a SME into a larger company from i.e. $5m>$50m
- Demonstrable and successful sales track record of effectively leading a team to meeting sales quotas
- Successful previous experience of hitting & exceeding targets over a sustained period of time.
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Excellent presentation skills
- A well-rounded knowledge and understanding of business principles
- Habitual keeping of commitments made to customers and team members
- Tidy, professional, and clean appearance suitable to carry out F2F visits to customers
- Team player – humble, hungry, smart
- Competent use of IT, Microsoft 365, CRM, and similar programs
To apply, please forward your CV along with details of current remuneration and notice period to email@example.com and quote reference NJR/RC392.