This is an excellent opportunity for a Sales Director to work for this rapidly expanding, leading B2B supplier and installer of underfloor heating systems for new build developments and high end residential properties in the UK. Established 20 years ago, the business has been growing rapidly with year on year growth.
This is a newly created role, reporting directly to the MD. The role will be based at their HO in Hertfordshire and will be office based as they need visibility and leadership for the existing sales team.
You will have overall responsibility of the Pre-Contracts Team, driving the business forward to meet the company’s ambitious sales targets. The role requires a motivated, proactive, and enthusiastic team member who can logically and commercially challenge the status quo and maximise the opportunity in a growth market.
The successful candidate will play an integral part in the development of the sales plan, driving the team to continued success setting their goals, targets, and objectives. You will be responsible for maintaining and increasing sales and have a range of duties associated with ensuring that the company is profitable.
In return you will get to work with a friendly, family run business. The opportunity to learn and grow within your own personal development and your team. The chance to play a key role within the business at a senior level within a business where everyone is passionate, enthusiastic, and actively involved in effecting change.
- Responsible for creating and presenting the blueprint for stake holders to agree; implement the sales strategy documenting the process and key objectives;
- Manage the performance of the Sales team, setting and reviewing of goals. Ensuring that Sales team is accountable and identifying any additional training needs
- Coach & developing the team to perform at their best
- Managing activity levels – ensure there is sufficient quality and quantity of activity to reach company goals and objective.
- Oversee sales pipeline working with Operations Manager for delivery requirements
- Provide Leadership for the Estimating team
- Consist review of the sales process, including NBD and Tender Management for continuous improvement and driving efficencies
- Create an environment where the team are highly motivated, enjoy their roles and consistently successful in meeting objectives
- Set commercial and cost objectives for pricing, GP & Scope
- Stay up to date and use industry knowledge to identify potential new markets and/or opportunities to increase market share
- Work with Marketing Director to create strategy for sales campaigns, sales aids, and meaningful customer feedback etc.
- Manage day-to-day performance within Pre-Contracts, Estimating and New Business Development delivering Quarterly Performance Development Reviews (PDR’s), Performance Management and accountability
- Responsible for conflict resolution both internally and externally
- Ensure sales and GP targets are met consistently. Support HR in recruiting and actively involved with interviewing and decision maker for new team members. Create initial training plans for new team members
- Lead and schedule daily, weekly, and monthly sales meetings and 1-2-1 with direct reports
- Provide Managing Director with detailed financial, commercial and business plan forecasts of sales and activity.
- Confidently demonstrating the company’s value proposition
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experienced Sales Director – minimum of 2 years working within a similar sales leadership role and at a senior level
- Proven track record in sales management within the construction industry and/or B2B
- Previous experience of tender management withB2B flooring relationships (or related sectors; e.g plumbing/heating contractors etc)
- Someone with experience of growing a similar sized business (ideally in the £10m-£50m t/o range)
- Hands on, high energy, committed, lead from the front with strong leadership skills
- Polished, ability to communicate at all levels (consultative selling experience with the ability to pitch to Technical Directors, Commercial Directors and MD level)
- Able to demonstrable ability to meet and exceed stretching sales targets
- Advanced Pipeline Management skills
- Ability and proven skill of understanding and analysis of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and Return Of Investment (ROI)
- Familiarity with using CRM software and driving performance through pipeline management
- Proven track record of managing a high performance and highly driven sales team
- Experience in training and developing sales team to sell consultatively and able to demonstrate this
- Have effective experience of implementing sales processes that positively impact results
- Excellent numerical and commercial awareness, result driven and focused
- Full and valid UK Driving Licence
- Strong IT and literacy skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Personable, presentable, and articulate
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com quoting reference NJR/RC404.