This is an excellent opportunity for a Production Unit Manager (Plant Manager) to work for this market leading global manufacturing group.
The Production Unit Manager (Plant Manager) is responsible for the Plant’s operations, including; safety, personnel, machines & equipment, supply & sourcing and budget. The Production Unit Manager (Plant Manager) ensures, through the plant’s organisation, that commitments to customers are met in the most resource-efficient way, by planning and optimizing production capacity to ensure timely deliveries at the right quality and cost
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As an effective Production Unit Manager (Plant Manager), you will develop the vision, strategy and business plan to drive long term, profitable growth:
- Drive the vision of the Plant through ideas generation and collaboration with the team.
- Coordination of the Plant team to ensure execution of the Annual Plan, and implementation of the Long-range vision.
- Direct (coach) management of the team to effectively implement the global business plans for Manufacturing, IT, and Logistics.
- Develop long range strategic plans to ensure rapid continuous improvement and profitable growth and implement the necessary changes to achieve this.
- Develop overall quality improvement strategies. Ensure that investment monies are available for growth, continuous improvement and new technology.
- Develop the leadership and team skills required within the management team. Ensure that plans are made for the improvement of competencies for all co-workers.
- Oversee the relationships between key suppliers, customers and unions to achieve smooth operation of business.
- Visit key customers, OEM’s, sales organizations & suppliers.
- Provide periodic updates to all members of the organization. Enhance business through proposals for joint ventures & acquisitions.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as dictated by position responsibilities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Experienced Production Unit Manager (Plant Manager).
- Previous experience gained in the Manufacturing / Precision Engineering Industry.
- A minimum 5 years’ experience in varied General Management positions.
- Must possess a degree or equivalent qualification in business or finance.
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental legislation would be desirable, as would experience in the Manufacturing Industry.
- Self-motivated, with excellent communication and reporting skills, dealing with people at all levels, be computer literate, and a proven team leader.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com quoting job reference NJR/RC351.