Our client is a highly creative designer and maker of high-end artisan goods, based in North London. The company has been extremely successful and has a turnover in excess of £7m and a headcount of approaching 90 people with plans to grow to £10m+ turnover over the next 2 years.
The Company is based in North London, has a showroom in Central London and has recently acquired another business in Hampshire. As a result of the rapid growth of the business our client is seeking to recruit 2 experienced Production Leaders.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing company which has a strong track record in training and development and offers further opportunities for progression for the right individuals.
As the Production Leader your goal is to ensure the orderly flow of materials and labour is achieved in the right quantity and at the right time with minimum efforts. You need to ensure that finished goods are ready for customers on time, in full and on spec (IFOTIS).
You will be responsible for one of the client’s workshop sites and will need to work seamlessly with other Production Leaders to make this happen.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Leading, managing, motivating and developing your direct reports, and their teams, ensuring products and services are produced as efficiently as possible, in full and on time, at the right cost and level of quality
- Ensuring all deadlines and targets are met, resolving issues as they arise
- Finite scheduling
- Production quality control, carrying out quality checks at each stage of the process
- Driving continuous improvement through the use of LEAN methodologies
- Ensuring technical teams are working to Health and Safety guidelines at all times
- Optimising the activities of teams in order to produce quality products in the most efficient manner possible
- Providing root cause analysis and implementing corrective action plans where required
- Producing outcome and progress reports weekly to the Senior Production Manager
- Conducting and managing performance reviews, supporting recruitment and managing team training
- Ensuring all production procedures and checklists relating to production processes or manufacturing are maintained, documented and kept up to date on the relevant database
- Organising and contributing to company and management team meetings
- Continually updating knowledge and experience as new systems and processes are implemented within the Company.
- Management/Supervisory experience (ideally 5 years) within a large batch or low volume manufacturing environment
- Demonstrable experience of leading teams and delivering production targets. Working to agreed schedules and targets
- Demonstrable experience and appreciation of LEAN methodology and principles of Lean Management
- Appreciation of quality processes and improvements aligning with production targets
- Proven experience of process improvement implementation
- Experience of scheduling
- Need to be able to interpret CAD outputs and drawings
- Experience of MRP / ERP systems is desirable
- University degree or equivalent within management, leadership or engineering is desirable.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Graham Oates at email@example.com quoting job ref: NJR/GO164