Our client is a division of a Euros 300mil pa turnover highly profitable international group. The Group is very ambitious, private equity owned, and growing rapidly. The Group provides people services via its network of 70 local operating units. Our Client’s division in Spain currently has 4 operating units with plans to increase to 8. Current turnover in Spain is Euros 25mil pa. Due to the rapid expansion in Spain and the potential for future growth, our client now wishes to appoint a Managing Director for Spain.
This will be a new appointment that will appeal to an ambitious manager with the commercial skills to develop the business and deliver against budgets and also the softer skills needed to manage the heads of the operating units. This is an exceptional opportunity to join a fast expanding, highly profitable, and ambitious private equity owned international group.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the strategic development, growth, business planning, budgeting, compliance, leadership and management of Spain.
Reporting to: CEO Europe
Direct reports/team size: 5 direct reports and 4 Heads of operating units
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparation of the annual business plan
- Development of our clients five year strategic plan
- Strategic development including mergers and acquisitions, capacity expansion and organic growth.
- Integration of new acquisitions into the portfolio.
- Delivery of financial performance against agreed budget targets
- Development of budgets for each operating unit in the Spanish region.
- Building the Group image and brand as a force in the sector
- Continually reviewing the business processes, systems and people; delivering further improvement to management, financial control, planning, customer service, CRM and operational planning
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements, including employment, financial, Health and Safety and personal safeguarding
- Delivering shareholder value, agreed return on investment capital and margin improvement
- Proven experience as a P&L accountable General Manager or equivalent role
- Experience of a service related Industry.
- Proven strong leadership capability
- Capable of managing through influence rather than control
- Experience of working in an Entrepreneurial / fast paced environment
- Positive, can-do attitude
- Team player
Education and Skills:
- Fluent in Spanish and English essential
- Fluent in Catalan desirable
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org