Our Client is a global venture capital company who provide investment across a broad range of disruptive tech companies. The company mainly invests in early stage start-ups and high growth companies and are looking to recruit a General Counsel (Gaming/Disruptive Tech sector) to further expand their online gaming/disruptive tech portfolio of investments.
They are currently looking for a Qualified Lawyer with experience of online gaming/disruptive tech sector seeking to move into a more dynamic, commercial In-house role or an experienced Commercial/Corporate Lawyer who is already working in a similar in-house Legal Counsel role for a small-medium size online/tech focused business with at least c10+ years’ experience. Working closely with the CEO of the company and part of the Exec team, this is a high profile and challenging role.
The key responsibility of this position will be assisting a dynamic high net worth entrepreneur, primary shareholder of a large group to manage his business holdings, charitable entities and personal/family interests. The shareholder is a very dynamic & successful entrepreneur, with varied business interests from technology, ecommerce to real estate and healthcare. He is looking for a legal counsel that acts as a right hand person, and who helps manage his holdings for him.
While this is a senior executive role, the person will also be acting in a hands on capacity as needs dictate. The span of the role will be very wide, while on the one hand assisting in running a multi billion pound business, championing the Chairman’s interests at the highest level and ensuring transparency and compliance in the business, to on the other hand performing ad hoc tasks and projects such as managing the private jet.
- This person will play a key role in daily operations, commercial negotiations and strategic planning, working closely with the General Counsel/CEO of the company.
- Will be responsible for M&A’s, legal structures and managing day to day legal work.
- Working closely with the investors/shareholders, executive team, and external counsel around the globe, the Counsel will be responsible for risk management; compliance and regulatory matters; corporate governance; privacy; and international contract negotiation and drafting.
- The person appointed will also advise on business development initiatives, product development and strategic acquisitions and will manage legal affairs of various offices of Group internationally.
Ideal candidate background:
- Qualified lawyer with 10 years plus experience of corporate commercial law and exposure to UK/US/International legal systems. Ideally with either existing in-house experience in an entrepreneurial, privately owned entity, or at a respected law firm as part of a broad business practice.
- Experience working with technology/online gaming companies would be an advantage.
- Candidates must possess the ability to work independently on routine matters; however, they are expected to seek guidance from external counsel and accept supervision on more complex matters or where substantial amounts of money or significant other risks are involved.
- Must be solution-oriented with big-picture thinking and a strategic approach to the practice of law.
- Have the ability to deal tactfully with diverse people, situations and ideas, and present advisory, persuasive and authoritative recommendations to all levels of the organization.
- Important personal attributes include excellent judgement, discretion and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive information. Above all, the right person will have a “can-do” attitude, be excited about building the business with the founder and leadership team and enjoy having fun at work.
- Dynamic, highly intelligent, resourceful, loyal, flexible, hard working with a positive attitude and able to work under the pressure.
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills.
- Must possess a personal presence that is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring, with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the mission, vision and values of the business.
- Should be resourceful, experienced working internationally and open to travel.
- Native English speaker or bi-lingual.
To apply, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org