This is an excellent opportunity to work for this market leading Insurance brand in the UK. The Interim Head of Group Finance will primarily be responsible for providing oversight and management of our clients Group’s central finance functions in the areas of: financial and regulatory reporting, finance systems, treasury and tax. You will be required to be hands-on where necessary, including doing detailed reviews, drafting disclosures where necessary.
Please note due to covid this project will be home based, then will move to a mix of home/office working in London.
Excellent Day Rate
Location: London/ Home Based
Duration: Up to 6 months (possibly longer)
Project Tasks / Key Deliverables:
Financial and regulatory reporting
- Coordinate all financial and regulatory reports ensuring quality control and that they are produced in a timely and efficient manner. This includes: monthly management reports, quarterly board and committee reports, statutory accounts, PRA and CAA returns (Solvency I and II), other external returns and group reporting.
- Work with the external auditors to ensure satisfactory completion of the 2020 year-end audit and finalise the statutory accounts and regulatory reporting
- Support with the management of the external audit relationship
- Planning and oversight for month-, quarter- and year-end close
- Manage and monitor all UK indirect tax returns, and co-ordinate corporate tax returns and filings
- As required, responsible for production of monthly reporting pack for the Luxembourg-based entities
- Support the Head of UK Finance to maintain complete and accurate accounting records for each of the UK-registered companies, in accordance with applicable reporting standards
Financial accounting and financial control
- Drive process efficiency in accounting practices, including leading projects to accelerate the financial close process
- Monitor balance sheet integrity through regular review and testing
- Drive improvements to the control framework surrounding financial and regulatory reporting, including improving the consolidation and management accounts processes
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Experienced Interim Qualified Accountant
- Qualified ACA (preferred) CIMA or ACCA
- General Insurance experience essential
- Previous experience of completion of Statutory Accounts including group consolidation
- Knowledge of Solvency II reporting
- IFRS and UK GAAP reporting knowledge
- Branch and subsidiary accounting
- Experience of working in a controlled and deadline-driven environment.
- Strong management and communication skills, with experience of leading teams
- Experienced SUN user (preferable) and Excel and Word (essential)
- Previous accounting experience with Luxembourg-based entities
Please note – this position requires candidates to start at short notice so please only apply if you are on 4 weeks notice or less.
To apply, please forward your CV to: email@example.com quoting reference NJR/RC373.