Our client is a clean-tech company that has pioneered a flooring technology, generating electricity and data from the kinetic energy of footsteps. It has been around for 12 years and has delivered more than 250 installation in 36 countries. The business is now looking for a high-calibre interim CTO to support its continued rapid growth.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high-performing and ambitious CTO, who is visionary, charismatic and inspirational whilst at the same time being operationally savvy, detail-oriented, hands-on and an excellent team leader and motivator.
The role is for an initial period of 6 months (on payroll), but there is scope for a further extension or conversion to permanent for the right individual.
The successful individual will need to be visible within the business and to key stakeholders and suppliers, splitting their time, in the main, between London and Cambridge.
The key objective of the interim role is to provide consistency in the leadership of the technology team whilst the current CTO departs, and the company hires a new permanent technology lead.
The successful candidate will be required to focus their efforts in 3 main areas during the contract term, as follows:
- achieve ISO9001 accreditation, which will include assessing the technology function as a whole and advising the leadership team on improvements to be implemented
- provide strategic advice to the Executive Team and Board on all technical matters
- advise on ongoing and new innovation projects
Specifically, the Interim CTO will be responsible for:
- Manufacturing, software and electromechanical hardware
- The achievement of ISO9001 accreditation within the six months’ time period
- Product development
- The full production lifecycle for all hardware and software products
- Quality systems and reliability
- Product lifecycle management
- Coaching and mentoring of junior team members across all disciplines
- Management of external design resource
- Regulatory compliance – skills to work within it and understand it (doesn’t need to be responsible in the interim role)
- Project Management and delivery
- Recruitment of engineers and potential assistance with future CTO recruitment
Successful candidates will need to be highly experienced and with the ability to think and operate strategically whilst also being comfortable with detail. In particular, they will need to:
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in an engineering / technology leadership role encompassing electromechanical hardware and software
- Have experience of working in a fast-paced scale-up technology business
- Demonstrable experience of implementing quality systems, including ISO9001 in a hardware/software business
- Demonstrable six-sigma (or equivalent) production environment experience
- Be ready to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into the detail and fix issues whilst also maintaining a strategic overview of the top line objectives
- Have a collaborative vision to solve issues with a high attention to detail
- Have an excellent track record of mentoring and coaching
- Excellent presentational skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com quoting job reference NJR/GO133