Our client is a newly formed International Division of a major European Defence and Automotive engineering and manufacturing company. Our client’s strategy is to expand into target territories by establishing manufacturing Joint Ventures with local firms. Our client wishes to progress rapidly with this plan and so is seeking experienced interim manufacturing operations directors / MDs. The first venture needing an interim director is in Turkey.
The Job role:
Interim Operations Director
Start Date: ASAP (Latest Mid January), Duration: Initially 12 months
To assist the client-appointed CEO in setting up a manufacturing JV company in Turkey. The current Management consists of a Senior Manager with experience of managing large projects from within the client’s existing companies, but not of setting up a new legal entity which is in the final stages of negotiating very large manufacturing contracts.
- The Local CEO will be focusing on customer relations, so they need someone with knowledge and experience of setting up a large manufacturing operation in Turkey
- The position will deal with setting up processes and procedures (linked with our client’s processes, ways of working, quality standards, and codes of practise) and compliant with Turkish law
- Assist in recruiting top team below CEO
- Bring experience in dealing with shareholders across cultures.
- Bring high level commercial experience
- Complete structuring the Company by end April 2017 and putting in place necessary staff to meet bidding and contract requirement. Setting up process and procedures.
- Advise on managing shareholder relationships
- Assist CEO with managing major bid processes (multi Billion Euro)
- Establish back office support structure as fast as possible by end April 2017
- Bring experience to help CEO design and set up a major Heavy Vehicle Manufacturing plant by Q4 2017
- General mentoring of appointed CEO on Turkish business practices
- Assistance and advice on control of costs and investments
- Experienced interim MD / COO / Operations director
- Experience of setting up and managing a manufacturing company in a similar situation
- Turkish commercial knowledge and experience.
- Ability to manage cultural differences and high level relationships.
- Experience of operating at director level.
- Must speak and write fluent English, nice to have Turkish capability
- Degree level education
- Ideally Automotive or Defence sector experience
- Ideally LEAN Manufacturing experience.
- Ideally Security Clearance.
Please apply by the latest 30th December and Include a relevant experience summary and your day rate.