This is an excellent opportunity to work for this dynamic, innovative and rapidly expanding smartphone app and online technology business, delivering a sustainable commuting solution to both clients and employees. Due to continued growth, this is a newly created role for an experienced senior sales professional to join them as their Head of Sales. As Head of Sales, you will be responsible for the delivery of the Sales Plan covering lead generation, prospect management, sales team management, deal closing, upselling and renewals. You will manage a sales team along with remote telesales team members. This role will be mainly office based with some UK travel and occasional visits abroad to the remote sales team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Sales Strategy
- Refine the currently agreed sales strategy, as appropriate, including close liaison with our clients stakeholders (e.g Marketing Manager) to drive lead generation
- Refine the renewals strategy and create a process
- Sales Team
- Manage sales process from end to end with the new sales team
- Support and mentor sales team on a day to day to basis to deliver sales volume
- Manage remote based telesales operation, developing a contact strategy to increase lead creation
- Assess the team for development needs and support agreed development
- Sales Performance
- Establish monthly reporting regime, weekly & monthly contact and meeting regime with all information updated to the Agile Customer Relationship Management system
- Establish targets (hits, enquiries, prospects)
- Establish prospecting and new business acquisition best practice and create a process for other markets
- Drive and fine tune the Search Engine Optimisation strategy alongside the Marketing Director to deliver required incoming leads
- Liaise with Community Management to shape Account Management best practice to maximises engagement and renewal
- Additional Activities
- Act as the conduit for discussion with Product Development on the provision of additional functions and services to customers within our clients platform
- Monitor the competition, define opportunities and create conquest strategies
- Periodically assess pricing in comparison to market and competitors and make recommendations as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
- Direct experience of selling in the Software sector (SaaS)
- Sales team management in the SaaS sector
- Varied and considerable people management skills including experiences of target setting, people management, weekly performance management and reporting, gap analysis & contingency planning count management skills (maintaining business effectively through to renewal)
- Previous B2B sales experience
- Previous experience of working in either a start up or a rapidly expanding technology business
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to negotiation well
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience of dealing with businesses in the Fleet market with all manner of businesses in the Fleet market
- A degree level qualification and or qualification in a sales management are both desirable but not essential.
To apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/RC342.