Our client is a well established and successful SME manufacturing company with ambitious growth plans for the future including US based distribution of specialist products. Reporting directly to the Group MD, this is an exciting opportunity for a Head of Sales to join the senior leadership team. You will lead and expand their sales function into new target markets. The role offers a competitive package along with the opportunity to progress to Sales Director within the company in the future. The successful candidate will be a connected, experienced senior Sales professional with a proven track record gained across a variety of sectors, including but not exclusive to: Medical/Pharma, Aerospace, Military/Defence/MOD and Manufacturing sectors. This will be a “hands-on” and lead from the front role with overall responsibility for leading the sales function whilst building a new external sales team who can drive growth and take the group of companies to the next level.
- Creating and managing the strategic sales planning and marketing of the company, including the analysis of the different market sectors, the strategies of their competitors, the best routes to market and how they should optimize the position of both the company and its products.
- Develop and recommend product positioning and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share and Company profitability.
- Regular reporting to the MD, updating on progress against strategy and revenue targets as well as presenting rolling revenue forecasts on which the business will plan.
- Lead, coach and develop a highly successful sales team based across the UK with a hands-on approach to their training, development and success.
- Responsible for both developing existing key accounts and developing new customers within target sectors including Medical/Pharma, Aerospace, Military/Defence/MOD and Manufacturing.
- Build strong relationships at all levels within the business and with both existing and new clients.
- Contribute market intelligence and sales information ensuring good quality management and market information is fed back into the company.
The ideal candidate:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced senior Sales professional who understands the commercial aspects of sales (e.g. margins, pricing and profit), is numbers driven and has an established network of contacts along with the hunger and desire to succeed and drive the team forward and increase overall group sales performance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience gained as Head of Sales/Sales Director level and have strong commercial knowledge
- Proven track record of success with a strong network of clients and contacts gained within one or more of the following sectors including: Medical/Pharma, Aerospace, Military/Defence/MOD and Manufacturing
- Numbers driven approach with a natural sales ability
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Self-motivated with a hunter mentality and a passion and drive to win new business
- A “hands on” and “lead from the front” approach – comfortable working in an SME environment.
- Hands on experience and in-depth knowledge of working with CRM and ERP systems to aid effective management of sales teams and customers.
Remuneration: c£100k package: Competitive Base salary+£10k Car Allowance/Company Car+ Bonus+ Benefits
To apply, please forward your CV and summary of relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting NJR/RC356.