Excellent opportunity for a Head of Compliance & MLRO to join this innovative and exciting, SME focused bank based in central London. This is hands-on role, whereby you will manage the Bank’s compliance responsibilities, including Financial Crime, ensuring full compliance with all regulatory rules and requirements.
The main accountabilities will be to:
- Direct, guide and control all activities within the Compliance department, providing overall leadership and compliance strategy for the Bank.
- Prepare an annual Compliance Plan setting out the Bank’s key compliance activities.
- Supervise the Bank’s annual Compliance Monitoring Plan, direct workflow and meet the scheduled activities contained within this plan.
- Oversee the production of monthly Compliance reports within prescribed diary schedules for the Executive Committee (EXCO), the Audit, Risk Committees and the Board. The Head of Compliance will also be a member of various executive
- committees as required.
- Oversee and ensure that all appropriate regulatory returns are made on time.
- Be responsible for the supervision and production of Bank policies and the Bank’s Compliance Manual, ensuring that they are reviewed and updated in accordance with scheduled timetables or regulatory change.
- Oversee the provision of material for basic compliance training and ensure Compliance is effective in delivering the support to all staff on all compliance issues.
- Provide updates and guidance on new and changing regulation to the Board and senior management within the Bank.
- Have oversight of regulatory permissions and variations of permissions, and engage in a proactive dialogue with regulators (as required).
- Assist with ensuring overall compliance with all FCA and PRA requirements as relevant to the Bank.
- Provide regulatory input and advice in the development of new products and services.
- Direct, guide and control all activities with respect to anti-money laundering and financial crime.
- Review and manage the compliance and Financial Crime training.
- Undertake PEP & High Risk reviews.
- Investigate SARs and liaise with the NCA.
- Submit the annual money laundering report to EXCO, Risk Committee and Board.
- Perform other tasks as agreed from time to time.
- You will have strong compliance experience gained in the banking industry including experience as an MLRO as well as of the regulatory requirements contained in the FCA/PRA Handbooks and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Ideally SME banking experience or similar experince gained from a “challenger” bank
- Experience gained in asset finance and FX
- You can evidence understanding of the compliance environment involving customer services, systems and controls and fiscal responsibilities, and also the ability to manage multiple project tasks.
- You have the necessary interpersonal skills to manage relationships at a Board and senior level
- You’re able to participate as a member of a management team, contributing to discussions and undertake projects for the Bank.
- You know how to research, analyse and manage solutions compliance issues, and to resolve them. You can also identify operational banking issues in the course of business.
- You’re a good communicator, with influencing and negotiating skills.
- You’re good at project management and implementation including prioritising workloads under pressure to deliver against prescribed deadlines.
- You have proficient analytical and report writing skills.
- You are a professional and have a positive approach with strong leadership skills including appropriate professional qualifications e.g. degree or equivalent.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com