Our client is an award winning, market leading global financial services company who are looking to recruit a Group Risk Governance Director. The position will be responsible for developing and coordinating the risk governance across our clients Group and provides objective assurance about the effectiveness of the Group’s risk and controls frameworks and governance processes to the Executive Senior Leaders and the Board members.
The Group Risk Governance Director will develop efficiency and effectiveness initiatives for the Risk Management functions of our client. The person will play a critical role in identifying emerging trends and risks; innovative risk management developments in the industry and promoting risk excellence across the Group.
Location: Nordics preferably but can also be based in UK or Germany (with travel across all locations)
- Develop group risk framework, risk appetite statement, risk strategy, policies and procedures and tool. Ensure implementation within regions for both internal and external risks.
- Develop group governance manual, monitor the execution, update when require, ensure compliance.
- RCSA process, sustain incident management process, develop root cause analysis, escalation. Crisis management.
- Foster best practices sharing across the regions, risk training and team rotation.
- Develop Group Top-Down risk assessment methodology and perform the assessment with Executives
- Introduce Boards self-risk assessment process.
- Administrate risk committees and monitor Boards/committees risks decisions and ensure proper implementation.
- Develop consolidated view of risk and report consolidated risk metrics (KPI/KRI, top risks, risk appetite, breaches, mitigations, Top of Minds issues….)
- Review and make recommendations as a result of relevant regulatory environment and emerging trends for assigned business / risk discipline, assessing how best to respond to the resultant risks, while proactively building and maintaining external and internal networks for the purpose of commercial awareness, satisfying external audit requirements and identifying best practice.
- Attendance and presentations to Group Executive Committee, Risk Committees, Risk Councils and other committees as required.
- Leadership and people management skills to bring a team through change and ambition.
- Effective collaboration with the key stakeholder in all our clients regions cross country projects and exchanging expertise.
- Experienced Head of Risk / Risk Director
- Previous experience within Financial Services and/or a FS consultancy background (Big 4 Consulting Firms) – ideally in a complex high transaction volume business
- EU exposure or experience will be critical to the role
- Significant operational risk management experience is necessary
- Proven experience in working in multicultural environment
- Change management and leadership through changing environments is essential
- Experience to work with Executive and senior Board members
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a very fast paced environment
- A recognised professional qualification in Risk (or qualified by experience)
Business and Personal Leadership/skills and attitudes
- Possesses personal abilities to see the big picture, focus on strategic issues, influence the organisation to act and be effective at all levels of management.
- Commercially astute with experience of working with business leaders to influence their strategic plans and develop the people agenda to deliver against them.
- High level of motivation and passion for risk and compliance, supported by a philosophy, structure and culture aligned to the organisational strategy of building quality and best in class teams.
- Strong presence and personal credibility with strong stakeholder management skills.
- Strong influencing skills at all levels and ability to challenge and change behaviours.
- Proactive and decisive approach to problem solving.
- Highly motivated to add value, deliver and exceed expectations.
- Highly flexible team working approach within a matrix structure
- Strong professionalism with high standards and quality of work output.
To apply, please forward your CV with details of your current remuneration to: firstname.lastname@example.org