Our client, who are an established SME manufacturing company are looking for a forward thinking Managing Director with experience in manufacturing to control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures. Reporting to the Chairman, you will be responsible for the overall success of the business, in conjunction with your team of directors and managers. The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader, with the ability to steer the company to the most profitable direction whilst also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
The goal is to ensure the company is constantly moving towards fulfilling its short- term and long-term objectives and does not diverge from its strategic guidelines.
Competitive Base Salary + Bonus & Equity Potential
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead the organisation in developing and executing profitable growth strategies for the business.
- Ensure efficient and productive utilization of operator hours and admin hours, as well as maximise operating efficiencies of machinery in conjunction with directors and managers.
- Build management team capable of delivering on strategic and financial objectives
- Responsible for the implementation and development of manufacturing improvements in quality, efficiency and operators.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact and general responsibility for all aspects of the business including: marketing, engineering, manufacturing, sales, finance and HR.
- Deliver continuous improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Increases management’s effectiveness by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, coaching, counselling, and disciplining managers; communicating values, strategies, and objectives; assigning accountabilities; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; developing incentives; developing a climate for offering information and opinions through diversity and inclusion.
- Accomplishes subsidiary objectives by establishing plans, budgets, and results measurements; allocating resources; reviewing progress; making corrections via countermeasures where needed.
- Work directly with the customer base, major clients and suppliers. Responsible for building a strong customer focus organisation.
- Develop and implement lean manufacturing principles and demonstrate ability to overcome obstacles.
- Knowledge of current trends in the industry relative to production and manufacturing and a good understanding of multi channels, OEM’s and specification.
- Provide concise communication (verbal and written) across all groups at all levels.
- Provide strong team leadership and demonstrate hands on productivity improvement and customer excellence.
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Ensure legal compliance with all business practices as well as required government and official legislation expectations.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Hands-on MD with a strong operational background
- Must possess strong leadership and organisation experience in SME manufacturing environments – ideally food/plastics packaging or similar
- Must possess plant management experience of at least 5 direct reports (Production, maintenance, materials, engineering, quality and warehouse). Strong financial, asset management and customer client requirements.
- Ability to build teams
- Corporate company exposure
- Best-in-class manufacturing experience
- Customer relationship management
- Identify existing and new opportunities and follow up to a conclusion
- Drive sales and customer excellence
- Ability to aid in providing technical solutions
- International exposure
- Achieve success in a target driven business environment
- Self-starter/ motivated with the drive to exceed targets
- Outstanding communicator
- Strong planning, organisational and time management skills
- Ability to coach and develop people
- Flexible to change and adaptable to changes in strategy and market conditions
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting NJR/RC339.