Our client is a global automotive market leader who offer a wide range of innovative financial services products. This is a high profile role where as a key member of the senior leadership team you will have overall management of the company’s operational risk functions and be accountable for the running of a strategically important part of business.
Risk Operations is an important part of the organisation supporting the business to deliver its new business, wholesale credit and dealer service responsibilities. The department manages network enquiries via their point-of-sale system, underwriting of our client’s retail customers and credit line customers, as well as ensuring all documentation is in order giving the business the correct legal title in the assets that they lend against. Our client places significant focus on ensuring that they deliver good customer outcomes for all customers throughout their experience with their brand.
Key Duties / Responsibilities:
- Direct line management of Senior Manager, New Business & Senior Manager, Operations.
- Indirect management of credit analysis services alongside close working relationship with the EAR (Europe and Africa Region) Regional Risk
- Operate a senior underwriting authority in both retail/fleet and wholesale credit decisioning.
- Management oversight of fraud prevention operations through the New Business department.
- Determine operational risk strategies for presentation to Enterprise Risk Committee/Operational Risk Committee/Conduct Risk Committee/Management Board as appropriate and then manage their implementation.
- Contribute to wider company risk management strategies and projects, through active participation in these areas as required, sharing insights and best practice.
- Drive operational improvements through operational risk functions for the benefit of the business and its customers. This to be achieved through business process changes, as well as the introduction of more effective and efficient systems, scorecards and other risk management measures.
- Management of external supplier relationships – Credit Reference Agencies, software suppliers and service providers.
- Consumer Duty – supporting implementation and embedding principals and culture within area of responsibility.
- Wholesale Network Relationships – point of contact for key wholesale relationships across the motor dealership network and other major credit customers.
- Network Committee Attendance – represent the business at the Network F&I Committee
- New Systems Project – support in the planning process for future systems and technology requirements
- Maintenance of service levels in credit decisions and new business processing and acquisition to ensure good customer outcomes.
Ideal Candidate background:
- Experienced Senior Risk Operations professional
- Previous experience of working in the automotive finance sector; either from an independent motor dealer finance background, OEM motor manufacturer or a motor finance house
- A robust working knowledge of the UK Motor Manufacturer marketplace covering new and used vehicle distribution.
- Regulated Motor Finance experience (FCA)
- Operating under the SMCR regulatory regime in a certified position.
- Good knowledge of Underwriting
- Strong numerical skills
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Full UK driving licence to enable visits to various dealer centres.
To apply, please forward your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/RC400.