This is a unique opportunity to work for a Global brand leader who boasts an impressive portfolio of well known premium beauty brands within the Group.
You will fully own and lead the development and execution of the region’s business model, defining strategic choices to win on prestige beauty brands within the market(s). You will own and drive the full end to end market operations activities on prestige beauty brands to deliver the country P&L targets & sustained profitable share growth for the Group.
You will have responsibility for the management and development of the UK organisation to develop the capabilities and competencies to win in the UK; from Head Office staff to Beauty Consultants.
UK Go-To-Market Strategy/Business Development:
- Initiate, develop, lead and implement a go-to-market strategy (from brand building to store across consumer, shopper, and trade) to deliver annual budgets, brand share growth, and long term objectives (3yr plan) on brands. Fully own all aspects of the P&L and the delivery of it. Proactively and effectively manage the risk factors inherent in the business.
- Own in-depth market analysis to identify key opportunities and understand changes in market direction to best influence consumer, shopper and trade opportunities for the brand’s development.
- Own and drive strong collaborative relationships and joint business plans with commercial partners at a national level to drive sustained business growth.
- Develop and implement 360° brand building strategies to drive each brand’s awareness, trial and loyalty to deliver market share growth.
- Ensure all sales, marketing and education initiatives are coherent with the global brand DNA and positioning.
- Establish and ensure that effective team business management systems, processes & procedures are in place to enable a high performing team, and that these are executed consistently.
- Own and actively lead the relationship with EMEA and global make-up to get the right toolboxes to win in the region. This encompasses product, initiatives, 360° multichannel assets, pricing, promotion, trade tools, education/artistry and VM.
- Own the UK external stakeholder network (trade, media, influencers) to be the visible leader and ambassador for prestige beauty brands in the UK.
People & leadership:
- Lead and motivate the entire UK organisation to deliver the share, sales and profit objectives.
- Shape, lead and develop the Management team and develop a culture of high performance and create a new brand cluster mindset.
- Drive on-going performance management and team development. Expected initiatives would include; L&D strategy, skills and competency assessments, coaching & mentoring programs, career pathing plans.
- Implement the appropriate employee engagement strategy for the UK business that enables a “Great Place To Work”.
- Own and evolve the UK organisational design, and get internal agreement to resourcing needs, to ensure the team is set up to win and delivers the strategic objectives of profitable share growth.
- A proven track record in a senior position in Prestige Beauty whether supplier or retail, having lead a multi-functional set of direct reports.
- Previous experience at Director level essential.
- Beauty Commercial and Marketing experience – whether mass make-up or Prestige Beauty.
- Strong understanding of the UK Beauty landscape and trade channels.
- Proven ability to establish successful business models to win in Beauty – end to end brand building from consideration to purchase in store:
- Identify, analyse and communicate key strategic vision and choices to win and how to execute
- Develop, recommend and implement sales and marketing strategies to deliver this
- Leadership Track record of leading a diverse team from senior levels down to store staff establishing a high performance culture in a team through coaching, mentoring, and leadership.
- P&L business acumen:
- Cost analysis techniques as well as budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills.
- Oriented to business profitability, full use of available resources, whilst winning with the end user.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and consensus-building skills and the ability to work in an environment which requires flexibility and adaptability.
- Proven track record in working collaboratively with cross-functional and cross national departments to achieve overall business objectives.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com