Our client is a highly creative designer and maker of high-end artisan goods, based in North London. The company, which sells its goods all over the world, has been extremely successful and has a turnover in excess of £7m and a headcount of approaching 90 people with plans to grow to £10m+ turnover over the next 2 years.
The Company is based in North London, has a showroom in Central London, is planning to open a further showroom in New York and has recently acquired another business in Hampshire. As a result of the rapid growth of the business our client is seeking to recruit a full-time Financial Controller.
As the Financial Controller your role will be to take responsibility for all strategic and operational financial matters for a fast growing luxury artisan interiors business, reporting to the Managing Director and with the support of a part-time Finance Director. For a person with the right ambition and drive, this can be a step-up to take the Number 1 role as Finance Leader for a Business Group exceeding £10m turnover, within 2 years.
Skills & Experience
- Professionally qualified (CIMA, ACCA) or in exceptional cases, a person close to qualification
- Ambitious to work towards achieving FD role within 2 years.
- Willing to travel to 2 sites in London and Hampshire.
- Experience within a manufacturing and retail operation and knowledge and understanding of the key drivers that impact costs and efficiencies.
- Experience of operating within a fast-moving scale-up environment.
- Experience of working closely within a Leadership Team to provide financial reporting and analysis to support strategic and operational decision-making.
- Solid Accounting skills to maintain the financial records in accordance with legal requirements.
- Experience of dealing with external Auditors
- Experienced in producing Management Reports in a timely manner.
- Good flexible and collaborative team player, who can build solutions with a positive outlook.
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills.
- Experience of, and comfortable with, working in a fast-paced environment with high degrees of change.
- M&A experience would be an advantage.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email a copy of your up to date CV together with a brief summary s to why you think you would be a good fit to this opportunity, to Graham Oates, at email@example.com quoting Job ref. NJR/GO165