Our Client is a global venture capital company who provide investment across a broad range of disruptive tech companies. The company mainly invests in early stage start-ups and high growth companies and are looking to recruit a CFO (Gaming/Disruptive Tech sector) to further expand their online gaming/disruptive tech portfolio of investments.
They are currently looking for a Qualified CFO with experience of online gaming/disruptive tech sector seeking to move into a more dynamic, commercial position and to help them grow to the next phase of their growth curve. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the CFO will report to the Group CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall financial management of the company. The CFO will have primary responsibility for functions including corporate finance; financial planning, modeling and analysis; as well as implementing and managing all accounting and finance-related activities of the company. This will include direct responsibility of cash flow management, accounting, investment management, financial analysis, reporting, and forecasting; deal and portfolio risk/return analysis; risk management and controls; etc.
- Work with CEO and executive management to develop and carry out financial strategy and overall strategic plan for the company
- Analyzing potential targets for acquisition and full forensic analysis
- Integration post merger/acquisition and introducing financial controls
- Financial Planning, Modeling, and Analytics
- Develop financial and economic modeling and analytic capabilities in order to develop a market cycle strategy and quantify risk/returns at the asset and portfolio levels, including the development of and reporting for PVA measures for the company as well as the profitability of each business vertical.
- Develop a liquidity strategy for company, including cash flow reporting, forecasting, and management plan.
- Complete all required reporting for 3rd parties.
- Accounting and Reporting
- Design, develop, and implement governance, performance, management and financial reporting systems and capabilities.
- Ensure timely and accurate accounting and reporting of our financial results at the line of business level as well as on a consolidated basis.
- Oversee and manage outsourced finance and accounting functions, as applicable.
- Design monthly reporting dashboards and management reports. Monitor key performance indicators and recommend and implement improvements.
- Manage accounts receivables, collections and accounts payables.
- Manage Payroll and other statutory compliances
- Ensure that the company’s legal structure optimizes tax, operational, and reporting efficiencies.
- Develop tax strategy, and compliance functions. Meet all tax filing and reporting requirements for the company and investors.
- Risk Management / Controls and Compliance
- Work closely with legal to support the documentation and review of legal documents, including contracts, agreements, acquisition and sales documents, loan documents, and joint venture agreements.
- Work with legal to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Design and maintain effective financial controls. Understand and implement Sarbanes Oxley as it relates to Private Companies and best-practices related to financial controls.
- Budget and Expense Management
- Prepare and maintain budgets and financial forecasting models.
- Develop monthly budget-to-actual reporting (summary and detail) to promote active management of the budget by all departments within the company.
- Perform budget analysis (with trends and forecasts) and recommend areas for potential cost reduction throughout the company. Champion cost reduction efforts as identified.
- Maintain and exhibit exemplary ethics, and preserve the company’s culture of honesty and integrity.
The ideal candidate:
- Fully qualified Accountant (ACA, CPA or equivalent)
- 10+ years of experience in senior/executive finance management roles with small-to-mid size entrepreneurial organizations.
- Previous experience in tech/online gaming businesses or with an Entrepreneurial Venture Capital firm or family office
- Experienced in fast pace, high stress, high growth entrepreneurial environment — working with boards, raising capital, and building the financial, accounting, and administrative infrastructure that allows a company to grow exponential.
- Advanced understanding of accounting and tax matters internationally.
- Hands-on enough to require no help yet have the judgment to have successfully navigate complex negotiations.
- Will deploy future state systems, processes and reporting (for a variety of audiences – BAU, Board and Investors) – in a thoughtful, simplified and integrated fashion.
- Understands the need for rigor around financial analysis and strategic modeling, budgeting, forecasting, meeting margins and targeted deployment of working capital.
- Works well with other team members to improve efficiencies and anticipates financial issues before they occur.
- Represent company to banks, financial partners, institutions, investors, auditors and the like.
- Has a proactive approach with vendors and can negotiate favorable terms.
- Is experienced in creating and managing comprehensive financial models.
- Will lead audit plans, and review/document internal controls.
- Can identify and highlight business risks and opportunities.
- Is able to collaborate with a diverse entrepreneurial team.
To apply, please email your CV to: email@example.com