This is a truly exciting opportunity for an entrepreneurial Operations executive who will join the investors and partners at the early stages of an e-commerce logistics business in the delivery services space.
Want to lead the next Deliveroo or Just Eat? Then this could be for you!
The company is ambitious for future international growth but plan to prove the concept in London before taking it to other key cities around the world; they intend for headquarters to always be UK based though.
The Role & Responsibilities
The Director of Operations will report directly to the investors and will be a key team member, assuming leadership of the project and day-to-day running of the business operations but always supported by the investors. This will enable an exceptional individual to build a business from the ground up.
- Implement the necessary structures to run the company, and develop the organization to support planned growth, aiming to achieve high quality, profitable, service levels
- Be the top-level owner of the design, execution, and metrics of resourcing, production and distribution
- Create, implement and continuously seek to improve operational policies and processes to ensure excellent customer service
- Plan the company’s budget and deploy strategies to safeguard assets and stock
- Maintain and control financial policies and procedures as well as provide ongoing financial reporting to investors
- Recruit, manage and motivate new employees as plan and growth requires
The successful candidate will likely bring:
- Proven experience in Operations within an eCommerce logistics environment; experience of fine dining / high-end restaurants and / or food delivery would be extremely advantageous
- Demonstrable commercial acumen; ideally with an awareness of current relevant market trends and competition
- An entrepreneurial mindset is essential as many things must be created from scratch and change is constant, so creativity and flexibility are fundamental along with a clear team-player approach
- A general understanding of functions across a company such as Sales, Technology, Finance, HR, Finance and Marketing
- Strategic planning and associated business growth experience
- A working knowledge of data analysis and performance / operation metrics
- Awareness, and competent user of, IT systems / business infrastructure
- Decision-making and problem-solving aptitude
- An MBA might be of benefit however proven business know-how coupled with entrepreneurial flair is more important
Location: Central London
Remuneration: Commensurate with role, experience and sector
Should you wish to express an interest in the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, providing your CV as well as a brief summary of the relevant experience that would make you a good Director of Operations for this exciting and ambitious start-up, quoting reference NJR/DS127 in the subject field.