Our client is a Global manufacturing organisation who are now looking to recruit a Director of Manufacturing Operations.
Reporting to the CEO, the position will provide strong General Management and leadership of all Manufacturing Operations at our client’s facility. You will manage and oversee the delivery of all Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities throughout the business and ensure that H&S and Quality are the priority and that customer satisfaction is measured and reviewed continuously. Continuous and effective communication with all employees and departments regarding mission, business KPI’s and company performance are a key part of this role whilst ensuring that the facility is maintained at a high level of 5’S’ and continues to be an important sales tool.
- Direct and control all Production, Supply Chain, Engineering, H&S, Customer Service and HR employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and fulfil their responsibilities to the required standard
- Direct and control the Production function to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
- Ensure safe working practices, safety initiatives are in place and safety awareness is communicated to all employees.
- Lead and model a “STOP, CALL WAIT” attitude and behaviour.
- Comply with all relevant regulations and statutory requirements in order to minimise the company’s risk, exposure and liabilities in performing key accountabilities and responsibilities.
- Proactively lead the BOM cost review and cost reduction process.
- Review cost reduction and operational efficiency opportunities regularly to maintain a sustainable business.
- Work with the Global VP of Product Support to develop, plan and build strategies to grow the revenue from spare parts, service and training activities.
- Ensure compliance with the Privacy & Confidentiality Policy and Procedures.
- Take all necessary steps to protect the Intellectual Property of the business.
- Provide accurate and timely reporting of all business transactions using appropriate forms, approvals and systems to record business-related information
- Manage employees in a fair manner to achieve performance targets and provide development opportunities where appropriate to increase employee capability.
- Continually strive to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of systems, processes, and policies to align with the strategic intent.
- Direct and control the supply chain function to ensure that the company has all of the resources required for production purposes within agreed costs and quality standards and at the right times.
- Develop and implement supply chain cost down opportunities where possible. Ensuring best component quality.
- Work with the Global VP of Product Support to direct and control the warehousing and distribution functions to ensure that internal & external customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other key management executives to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the main adviser on all issues relating operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the competitive position is maintained.
- Maintain Quality and Environmental Management systems throughout to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the work and ensure the workplace is free of all discriminatory, harassment or bullying behaviour.
- Chair workforce council meetings including negotiations surrounding pay & benefits.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that with all health and safety and other statutory regulations are complied with.
- Contribute to the development of the facility strategy alongside the Global Executive Management Team in the areas of Production, Supply Chain, Engineering, Product Support, H&S, Customer Service and HR to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Prepare a site/facility annual business plan and monitor progress against its strategy to ensure that objectives are met as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Consult with Global design teams to develop and maintain new product introduction, and product improvement programs.
- Experienced General Manager/Operations Director
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, logistics and related field.
- 5 + years’ experience in management position working in a Lean Manufacturing Environment.
- Relevant sector experience gained within AWP (Aerial Work Platforms) products and telehandlers and/or Yellow Goods Manufacturing/Automotive Manufacturing is essential.
- Passion for customer service and an appreciation of the internal customer concept.
- Appreciation of customer experience and retention of customers via efficient product & service delivery.
- Understanding of regulatory, compliance, safety and risk management required in a modern manufacturing environment.
- Management of diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management and critical thinking skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Leadership ability to motivate and drive a team toward performance measures.
- The ability to host both internal and external customers highly desirable.
To apply, please forward your CV to email@example.com quoting reference NJR/RC394.