Our client is a Global manufacturing organisation who are now looking to recruit a Director of Manufacturing Operations. Reporting to the CEO, the position will provide strong leadership of logistics, materials, supply chain, planning and manufacturing functions and will manage these tasks directly. One of the key challenges will be to maintain production with specific guidelines for product quality, production efficiency, labour cost, product rework, waste amounts, and control of on-hold product.
- Lead all Production, Purchasing, Engineering, Product Support, H&S, Customer Service and HR employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the development of the Company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in the areas of Production, Purchasing, Engineering, Product Support, H&S, Customer Service and HR to ensure that company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Prepare a corporate plan and annual business plan and monitor progress against Company strategy to ensure that the Company meets its objectives as cost-effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Liaise with Global design teams to develop and maintain new product introduction, and product improvement programs.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that the Production, Purchasing, Engineering, Product Support, H&S, Customer Service and HR functions achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control the budget for the Operations Department to ensure that the Department has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- Direct and control the Production function to ensure that finished goods of the required standard are available to customers within agreed costs and at the right times.
- Direct and control the Purchasing function to ensure that the company has all the resources required for production purposes within agreed costs and quality standards and at the right times.
- Develop and implement supply chain cost down opportunities where possible. Ensuring best component quality.
- Direct and control the Warehousing and Distribution functions to ensure that internal & external customers are supplied with the right quantities of goods at the right times.
- Develop all necessary policies and procedures to ensure that a safe and healthy working environment is maintained at all company sites.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all other Key management executives to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
- Develop and maintain Total Quality Management systems throughout the Company to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to customers.
- Promote and direct the implementation of equal opportunities policies in all aspects of the Company’s work.
- Chair workforce council meetings including negotiations surrounding pay & benefits.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure that the Company complies with all health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Minimum bachelor degrees in business, engineering, logistics and related field.
- 5 + years experience in management position.
- Desirable knowledge of AWP products and telehandlers.
- Passion for customer service and an appreciation of the internal customer concept.
- Appreciation of customer experience and retention of customers via efficient product & service delivery.
- Understanding of regulatory, compliance, safety and risk management required in a modern manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of customer expectations in regard to product quality.
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities.
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Leadership ability to motivate and drive a team toward performance measures.
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com