Our client based in Ghana is looking for a Director Consumer & SME Banking. This is a new role reporting into the Chief Executive Officer and will be responsible for the management, growth and performance of the retail banking portfolio covering personal and SME customers using appropriate channels and effective relationship management within the frame work of our clients group strategy/vision and business objectives.
The position will also be responsible for the effective and efficient management of all our clients branches and channels.
- Develop business strategies, objectives and financial budgets to achieve business and revenue growth in Retail Banking target markets focusing in the main on the mobilization of cheap deposits.
- Develop and implement service standards and proactive tracking mechanism to monitor performance on a competitor basis as well as a customer complaints handling system.
- Direct in conjunction with HR the training and development of staff ensuring that it is aligned to enhancing their performance.
- Responsible for the identification of new markets/sales outlets for our clients operations.
- Develop and execute aggressive SME business proposition
- Create at least 2 centres of excellence within our clients branch and SME portfolio
- Lead in attracting strategic alliances with value adding partners
- Responsible for the development of products and services, from inception to their respective launch for retail clientele; ensuring that essential market data is obtained to bolster products’ success and meet/surpass market expectation to increase our clients market profile.
- Ensure that our client has functioning SME Centres in all major trading centres in the Country by 2018
- Identify and deploy relevant distribution channels for our clients operations.
- Initiate action for business acquisition for the development of retail portfolio and spearhead the marketing effort to grow the portfolio both in terms of volume and value.
- Monitor and review the operations of our clients Branches to maximize new sales opportunities and deepen existing relationships to achieve targets set for business growth, revenue and profitability.
- To promote the our clients brand and values through the banks products by way of the various service delivery platforms.
- Lead our clients digitization agenda ensuring that the Bank remains at the forefront of technology deployment and utilisation
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with Bank of Ghana requirements/regulations including Anti-Money Laundering and prescribe Code of Conduct/Ethics.
- Build a healthy retail clientele ensuring that all customer credit requirements
- Responsible for the establishment of operational risk standards and its implementation in all units within retail banking in line with our clients Group Operational risk guidelines.
- Responsible for the provision of effective and efficient service quality/delivery.
- Prepare monthly and other periodic reports for internal committees.
- Lead in the research and introduction of new products and services to enhance customer service, as well as loyalty and delivery systems.
Qualifications and Experience
- First degree or equivalent professional qualification plus MBA with ten (10) years experience with at least five (5) years in senior management position in a frontline role preferably in the banking sector. Possession of an ACIB is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and a good team player.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability.
- Well developed strategic orientation with competitive awareness and benchmarking.
- Excellent knowledge of banking operations with retail perspective.
- Excellent understanding of economic climate, business acquisition and portfolio management.
- Excellent knowledge of banking products, practices and regulations.
- Working knowledge of credit policies/procedures and other related regulatory requirements and how they impact on retail business.
- A passion for marketing/sales and service.
- Strong quantitative/numerical skills.
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Excellent leadership/managerial skills.
- Knowledge of operational risk management especially the inherent risks within the retail banking sector.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Performance management, monitoring and controlling skills
To apply please send CV to Michelle.Stanley@njr.uk.com quoting reference NJR/RC153