Our client is an engineering company who provide ‘turnkey’ solutions to the private sector and government organisations worldwide. The business currently has an annual turnover of ca£20 million and has 20 employees based in both the UK and overseas. Due to continued growth they are seeking a Deputy Managing Director to support the Managing Director, the position will be based in the North-West of England with some International travel.
Reporting to the Managing Director main duties and responsibilities will include;
- Support the Managing Director to ensure that our clients business is managed well and that objectives are achieved
- Oversee and supervise the work of the Directors/Executives, providing them with both guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance
- Ensure that the company policies and procedures are communicated and followed at all times
- Delivering projects within budget and against agreed timelines
- Successful supply chain and people management.
- Communicate and maintain good relationships with the businesses clients and staff alike
- Oversee the business financial performance and administration, including procurements, banking and project planning and management
- Prepare and implement comprehensive business plans to facilitate achievements
- Provide strategic advice to the MD
- Oversee all business operations, people and projects
- Act as the public speaker and public relations representative of the company
- Research and analyse the industry the business operates in, to make informed business strategy decisions
- At least 5 years’ experience in similar role with experience in electrical/electronics, with civil projects management and business administration.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and cross-cultural skill s
- Strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Proficient in using technology as a management reporting tool
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to details
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Familiarity with corporate law and management best practices
- Leadership abilities, Organisational skills, Analytical skills, Critical thinking abilities, Project management
- Willingness to travel abroad
- Degree in electrical/mechanical engineering, and MA in management/ MBA preferred
To apply, please forward your CV (along with your current salary details and notice period) to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference: NJR/RC348.