We have been retained by a well-established, highly-regarded, successful and profitable main contractor construction group primarily working with large blue-chip corporate customers in the retail and distribution space, on a repeat project basis.
With profitable projected turnover this year of c.£50m the Board have the ambition to double this over the next few years; at present direct group headcount is c.80 with total team size, including sub-contractors, typically around 500.
They are now seeking to appoint a Construction Director, reflecting their desire for the business to continue growing and delivering to the high, industry-leading, standards they are known for. This key position will be part of the company’s management team reporting to the Board of Directors and will ensure the proper planning, resourcing and delivery of client projects.
- Lead and galvanise the existing team and recruit new employees to reflect expansion
- Host and attend regular site meetings and brief the Board on a monthly basis as to project progress against program and budget
- Ensure appropriate Health and Safety, Quality Control, Cost Control and General Construction Standards are maintained through regular site visits
- Contribute to the development and progression of employees and proactively manage construction talent within the business
- Ensuring contract managers, quantity surveyors, project managers and site managers are all on target and meeting deadlines
Location: Buckinghamshire HQ with travel
Remuneration: Attractive six figure remuneration plus bonus, company car or allowance and benefits
The successful individual will:
- Be a successful leader with proven ability to galvanise and motivate teams
- Be aware of and committed to the principles of Lean Construction
- Have an expert knowledge and experience of working within the construction industry
- Be equally comfortable dealing with people on site as well as all levels of client representative up to board level
- Be commercially aware, with the ability to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget, whilst adhering to the highest standards of Health and Safety and quality control
- Be experienced with, and capable of, being part of a bid team and undertaking pre-construction planning
- Be able to manage, maintain and balance the competing interests of the various stakeholders including external clients, project team and support network
Should you wish to express an interest in this opportunity please email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible quoting reference NJR/DS167 in the subject field, providing your CV as well as a brief summary of your relevant experience, a guide to your remuneration expectations as well as your notice period or availability to commence the role if successful.