The Sales Director – Travel and Tours will be responsible for all aspects of the business on a day to day basis – Sales, Marketing, Pricing, Product and Operations. This is a new position which has been created to help our client grow and deliver on their short and medium term goals.
There are four separate markets in which this new position will be involved in:
- Core Educational Tours for Schools
- Music tours and Events
- University / College Tours
- International Schools
- Working closely with the exisiting management team to provide leadership and direction to improve the commercial capability of the business with specific focus on Sales, Marketing and Product Development .
- Deliver the short and long term EBIT targets in line with the 5 year plan
- Work closely (with a hands on approach) with the existing sales management teams to deliver growth across the full range of products.
- Product Development
- Plan and prioritise new product development opportunities adding value to the customer experience to achieve the 5-year plan objectives.
- Responsibility for ensuring a relevant and integrated marketing plan is in place for each area of the business.
- Ownership of the annual brand marketing budgets
- Optimise the online marketing investment between SEO/PPC to grow site traffic and ultimately sales leads ensuring appropriate targets and measures of performance are achieved.
- Monitor commercial KPI’s across the business and work to clear financial objectives to deliver margin improvement in support of achieving EBIT targets.
- Chair weekly trading meetings across the Sales and Marketing teams.
- Oversee the ongoing control of the bed stock management to ensure budgeted occupancy levels are achieved for committed stock.
- Control of the product cost base and ensuring maximum opportunity to improve margins.
- Define the respective pricing strategies to optimise volume and margin delivery.
- Driving delivery against the following key performance indicators:
- Budgeted Revenue and Margin targets
- Passenger volumes
- Occupancy levels for committed bed stock
- Delivery of EBIT targets
- Previous general management experience with a strong focus on sales.
- A track record of delivering successful business growth with a group tour operator
- Strategic and commercial focus.
- Strong managerial and communication skills.
- High energy and motivated by business improvement opportunity
- Process driven with strong organisational skills
- Willing to take personal initiative with ‘hands on’ and can do attitude
- Proactive in improving the efficiency of working practises
- Pragmatic and flexible
- Previous budget responsibility within the travel sector
- Good understanding of the online/digital environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal, analytical and project management skills.
To apply please send CV to Mark.firstname.lastname@example.org along with a covering letter explaining your relevant experience