Our client is a fully Certified B Corporation, and as a team of 20, real estate, investment and technology professionals, are on a mission to digitise the residential property transaction marketplace, making more affordable housing available across the UK.
The company is in a rapid growth phase and is now at a place where they require an experienced CTO. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will join the senior leadership team to help them realise their growth ambitions.
The company has developed proprietary cloud-based system that is transforming the way public sector bodies (the NHS, councils, central Government etc) identify and secure appropriate private residential housing and convert it to affordable housing stock, servicing the needs of the homeless, families in temporary accommodation, key workers and households on various housing waiting lists.
All housing the company invests in, is renovated to meet net-zero carbon criteria, wherever possible.
Since launch in 2014, the company has proved the benefit they can bring to public sector clients, and have helped deliver over 200 homes. Now it’s time to scale up the business and the technology to increase capacity to deliver 2,000+ homes per year in the next 24 months.
About the Role:
- As CTO you will primarily be primarily responsible for the build out of the software team and drive the technical vision, roadmap, and development of the platform;
- Grow and lead the engineering team, including recruiting, performance management, professional and personal development;
- Define, articulate, and execute the technology strategy for a scaling platform
- Together with the CEO, help to drive the technical roadmap in-line with business goals
- Oversee all aspects of technology, IT infrastructure, architecture, and support operations
- Assist with communicating the technology strategy to all stakeholders
- Develop and deliver IT/Technology strategy and development roadmap, being responsible for the technology enablement and digital transformation
- Directing the design and customisation of technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience and drive operational efficiencies
- Direct and organize all IT-related projects both internally and with third parties
- Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage
- Brief the Executive Team on status and risks, including taking the role of champion for the overall technology strategy across the business
- Develop strong working relationships with third party suppliers, ensuring contract compliance and effective partnership working
- Develop and manage technology budgets and time frames
- Ensure all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements
- Align IT risk management with business-risk management
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- High calibre individual with minimum relevant degree qualification (Computer Science or Software Engineering)
- Entrepreneurial drive with start-up experience
- A strategist who can articulate and persuade the Board how the platform should evolve.
- Senior leadership role within a small team of 20 people, so we are looking for a confident individual to lead both the tech development team, but also be an integral and influential leader to the wider group
- Open-minded and curious about creating social and environmental impact
- Proven experience hiring and managing engineering talent
- Happy to be hands-on whilst the engineering team grows
- There will be a requirement to rebuild within a new infrastructure. So, your experience at having identified the most suitable Infrastructure service and tech stack in the past is essential
- Experience of working with senior team in VC fund raising rounds is desirable
- 5+ years architecting and building products from launch through to maturity
- Team player and fit right into our culture of supporting and helping each other out
To apply, please email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference N JR/RC387.