This is an outstanding opportunity to join a UK subsidiary of one of the world’s leading material handling suppliers. The company is going through a period of significant growth and repositioning and to support it in this process, it is now seeking a Chief Operating Officer to focus on its growth and transformation agenda. The role also offers significant growth and development opportunities within the Company and the wider Group.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the Engineering, Operations, Project Management Office (includes Project management, Planning, procurement, construction, safety).
- Ongoing development of a robust global project delivery strategy in line with the business strategy
- Management of key functional elements of global project delivery
- Meeting or exceeding the business performance targets
- Responsibility for overall project performance
- Effective management of all key relationships which drive successful project delivery
- Major account management within the delivery cycle of:
- Mobilising, setting up and successful management of all global projects.
- Reporting key performance deliverables to the Executive Board.
- Driving the achievement of BS standard accreditation for the Project Management blueprint.
- Implementing and continuously improving a performance / results driven culture.
- Accountable for P&L of portfolio and impact on overall Company EBIT.
- Ensuring compliance to all EH&S goals & objectives including risk management mitigation.
To apply, candidates must have a demonstrable successful track record in a senior Operations role, ideally within an engineering and major projects business.
Specifically, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, of which 5, at least must have been in a leadership role, within an engineering and major projects business with a global focus and remit.
- Previous P&L responsibility is a plus.
- Experience with Global matrix organizations.
- A strong track record of leading and sustaining transformation programmes within similar businesses.
- Expertise in the delivery of demanding projects to strict timescales and standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability with project management philosophies and tools
- Contractual knowledge/expertise (ideally NEC or FIDIC)
- Good communicator (verbal and written) and ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills both in relation to internal audiences and externally with customers, strategic partners and suppliers
- Results-focused with experience of managing to agreed measures of performance and to tight deadlines
- Is able to build and maintain strong team relationships and wider networks by leveraging networks and demonstrating effective communication and influencing skills
- Is results driven – consistently achieving results by setting challenging targets, organising work effectively and overcoming obstacles
- Is customer focused, developing mutually beneficial, trusting long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with other individuals across the Group
- Tireless drive, energy and motivation to deliver above and beyond targets and plans
- The ability to cope with the wide range of tasks and challenges that come with the evolution of an evolving and growing business
- Experience of working with a Japanese-owned business would be highly desirable
- Experience of airports would be highly desirable
- Technical degree (BSc or BEng or equivalent), essential
- Project management and/or business qualifications (MBA or equivalent), essential.
To apply please email a copy of your current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Job Reference NJR/GO160