This is an outstanding opportunity to join a UK subsidiary of one of the world’s leading material handling suppliers. Our client sells, engineers, manufactures, installs and provides after-sales services for handling systems for airports and large industrial and distribution facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The company is going through a period of significant growth and repositioning and to support it in this process, it is now seeking a Chief Operating Officer to focus on its growth and transformation agenda. The role also offers significant growth and development opportunities within the Company and the wider Group. This is a permanent on-site role with some international and national travel.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Leadership of the Engineering, Operations, Project Management Office (includes Project management, Planning, procurement, construction, safety).
- Ongoing development of a robust global project delivery strategy in line with the business strategy
- Management of key functional elements of global project delivery
- Meeting or exceeding the business performance targets
- Responsibility for overall project performance
- Effective management of all key relationships which drive successful project delivery
- Major account management within the delivery cycle of:
- Mobilising, setting up and successful management of all global projects.
- Reporting key performance deliverables to the Executive Board.
- Driving the achievement of BS standard accreditation for the Project Management blueprint.
- Implementing and continuously improving a performance / results driven culture.
- Accountable for P&L of portfolio and impact on overall Company EBIT.
- Ensuring compliance to all EH&S goals & objectives including risk management mitigation.
To apply, candidates must have a demonstrable successful track record in a senior Operations role, within an engineering, manufacturing and major projects business.
Specifically, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience, of which 5, at least must have been in a leadership role, within an engineering, manufacturing and major projects business with a global focus and remit.
- Previous P&L responsibility is a plus.
- Experience with Global matrix organizations.
- A strong track record of leading and sustaining transformation programmes within similar businesses.
- Expertise in the delivery of demanding projects to strict timescales and standards.
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability with project management philosophies and tools
- Contractual knowledge/expertise (ideally NEC or FIDIC)
- Good communicator (verbal and written) and ability to influence at all levels of the organisation
- Excellent inter-personal and presentation skills both in relation to internal audiences and externally with customers, strategic partners and suppliers
- Results-focused with experience of managing to agreed measures of performance and to tight deadlines
- Is able to build and maintain strong team relationships by leveraging networks and demonstrating effective communication and influencing skills
- Is results driven – consistently achieving results by setting challenging targets, organising work effectively and overcoming obstacles
- Is customer focused, developing mutually beneficial, trusting long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and collaborate with other individuals across the Group
- Tireless drive, energy and motivation to deliver above and beyond targets and plans
- The ability to cope with the wide range of tasks and challenges that come with an evolving and growing business
- Experience of working with a Japanese-owned business would be highly desirable
- Technical degree (BSc or BEng or equivalent), essential
- Project management and/or business qualifications (MBA or equivalent), desirable.
If you are interested in this role and would like to learn more please contact Graham Oates at email@example.com attaching an up to date copy of your CV and quoting Job Ref: NJR/GO160