This is a great opportunity to join a fast growing and acquisitive technology company. The company designs, develops and supports complete integrated solutions to a niche MedTech market around the world. The company is headquartered in the UK, but also has operations in the US and Germany and manufacturing partners in China.
As a result of the significant growth of the Company, our client is now seeking a dynamic and experienced Chief Operating Officer (COO).
This is a new and key leadership role that requires strong operational expertise, strategic thinking, and the ability to drive efficiency and excellence across the Company’s global operations.
The role will sit on the client’s Group Board.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Lead the global operations of the company, ensuring effective collaboration and alignment across the group in the UK, US and Germany. Provide strategic direction and drive operational excellence to achieve organisational goals and objectives.
- Work closely with international manufacturing suppliers to establish and maintain productive relationships. Oversee procurement activities to ensure timely and cost-effective sourcing of components and materials. Implement strategies to optimise the supply chain, including inventory management and logistics.
- Develop and implement quality control processes and standards to ensure consistent product quality across all manufacturing facilities. Collaborate with internal teams and external partners to monitor manufacturing processes, identify areas for improvement, and drive continuous improvement initiatives for existing and next generation products.
- Oversee a robust product repair and maintenance program for the Company’s devices. Setout the strategies around improving protocols and guidelines for efficient and timely repairs, ensuring customer satisfaction, and minimising downtime. Work closely with customer support teams to address product issues and implement effective resolutions.
- Foster strong collaboration and communication between different departments, including engineering, production, sales, and marketing. Drive cross-functional initiatives and projects to streamline processes, improve productivity, and enhance customer experience.
- Alongside the Group Executive Team, create strategic plans that build on existing strengths and utilises opportunities for growth. Establish ways of working and support leaders across the group to develop and nurture the company culture.
- Oversight of compliance requirements across the group, including medical device regulation (MDR) and FDA requirements. Stay up-to-date with changes in regulations and standards, and implement necessary processes and procedures to maintain compliance. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to navigate complex regulatory landscapes.
- Coordinate health and safety protocols across all operational sites to create a safe and secure working environment. Implement best practices and ensure compliance with local and international health and safety regulations.
- Support the management of offices, ensuring they are well-maintained and equipped to support efficient operations. Collaborate with stakeholders responsible for office management to address issues, implement improvements, and optimise office space to foster a productive work environment.
- Provide leadership in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process, working closely with product development teams to ensure successful product launches. Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define project timelines, manage resource allocation, and mitigate risks associated with new product introductions.
To apply, candidates must have a demonstrable successful track record in a senior Operations role, within an electronics / technology manufacturing business.
Specifically, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Minimum of ten years of progressive experience in operations management, preferably in a technical or product manufacturing industry. Experience in leading operations across multiple international locations is highly desirable, as is experience or knowledge of medical equipment manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of international business dynamics and the ability to navigate diverse cultures, regulations, and business practices. Experience working with international, in particular Chinese, manufacturing facilities.
- Proven track record in supply chain management, procurement, and inventory optimisation. Familiarity with sourcing components and materials from international suppliers.
- Solid understanding of quality control processes, manufacturing consistency, and continuous improvement methodologies. Experience in implementing quality control systems and driving operational excellence is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams across different locations. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem- solving abilities to identify operational issues, implement effective solutions, and drive process improvements.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, operations management, engineering, or a related field. An advanced degree or relevant certifications are a plus.
- Experience in navigating medical device regulations (MDR) and FDA requirements.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations and best practices in global operations. Experience in implementing and managing health and safety programs is advantageous.
- Understanding of ESG principles and practices, including sustainability, social responsibility, and corporate governance. Experience in driving ESG initiatives and pursuing B-Corp certification is desirable.
- Previous experience in supporting facilities management, including office spaces and infrastructure.
- Experience in managing successful NPI processes, from concept to launch, including coordinating cross-functional teams, managing project timelines, and ensuring smooth product transitions.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please forward a copy of your latest CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Ref: NJR/GO162