Our client is a leading Engineering Group and a support service provider to various industry sectors that includes, large multinational companies. They are looking to appoint a seasoned and an experienced CFO.
The company operates through its various offices and facilities across United Kingdom and employs over 250 people. It has recently embarked on expanding its business activities in EU. They have grown via organic and inorganic route and they have further acquisitions planned this year. The business has exciting and challenging growth plans over the next few years and the new CFO will help to both define and deliver the strategic plans.
Working alongside the CEO, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for leading the Finance function. You will be a true business enabler and play a key role as part of the Leadership team of this expanding operation. You will have Operational, Strategic, Leadership and People Development responsibilities, but most importantly you will be a hands on individual with the ability to really question business decisions on Execution/Performance and business strategy.
- Leading the finance function processes and procedures and compliance
- Day to day management of the finance function and overseeing: consolidations, FP&A, financial management, tax, treasury management and general accounting duties
- Bring experience in dealing with shareholders
- Bring high level commercial and financial expertise
- Assist CEO with managing acquisitions
- Assistance and advice on control of costs and investments and M&A support
Skills and Competencies required:
- ACA Qualified (or equivalent)
- Graduate (or equivalent) with 10+ years’ experience gained within the Thermal Engineering sector (preferably insulation, pipe fabrication, industrial services etc.)
- Must have proven experience and a working knowledge of operational management gained within the Thermal Engineering sectors, ideally at a senior management level.
- Experience of M&A would be highly desirable
- Experience of analysing and executing a strategic plan, in a robust and disciplined manner.
- Accomplished at conflict resolution, negotiation and other interpersonal skills.
- Strong commercial and financial understanding.
- Entrepreneurial flair and drive, combined with a structured and analytical approach.
- First-rate listening skills, strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to demonstrate operational success in previous roles.
- Someone who is able to challenge, improve and develop existing practices.
- Numerate, with strong financial and commercial awareness.
- Able to develop business relationships
- A team player
- An enthusiastic outlook, charismatic and with a good sense of humour
To apply, please email your CV along with current remuneration details to: firstname.lastname@example.org