This is an exciting new science and engineering business creating technology solutions for positive global markets with significant potential to deliver meaningful environmental, social and governance output for their customers. Its IP is centred on the use of plastics and waste solvents as feedstock for the manufacture of high quality and high-value materials. These materials can be used for energy storage devices such as batteries but more importantly, they can be used for long-range electricity conduction cables.
The company is negotiating a £3.5m investment from a medical equipment manufacturer and is now seeking a site for its first manufacturing facility to secure this investment. The investing company will also be a significant customer for the new business. As a result, the Company is seeking to hire a Chief Executive Officer (CEO), who will manage the company and operations so that the founder can focus on the next growth stage of the company. The CEO will be part of the first “bright-minds” of the company and will be expected to contribute to the strategy, manage daily operations and be in charge of growth for the company. They will be the point-person who ensures that the investment grows the company, participating in future funding rounds while being responsible for recruiting and hiring new staff.
This is a fabulous opportunity to get involved on the ground floor with an exciting new market offering and company and lead the growth to the next development phase.
The role will pay a competitive salary and provide a personal equity stake in the business from the outset. The quantity and nature of the equity will depend on proven experience and future performance metrics that ensure company growth.
The role will be UK-based; the exact location has not yet been determined, as this will be dependent on the site of the first manufacturing facility.
Our client is now looking to recruit a high-performing and experienced CEO to lead the set-up, development and growth of the business.
Specifically, the role will involve:
- Working closely with the Founder and the Board to operationalise the business plan
- Locating and negotiating the acquisition of the first manufacturing site for the business
- Setting up and equipping the first manufacturing facility
- Building the leadership team for the business
- Managing the finances of the business and ensuring that it stays to plan
- Owning and developing the vision and future strategy of the business, in conjunction with the Founder, the Board and the wider leadership team
- Being a passionate advocate of the business mission with customers, staff and investors and potential investors
- Building a strong culture and values for the growing business in line with the Company’s vision and ethos
- Driving future funding rounds to ensure investment in line with the developing strategy and plans of the business.
To apply, candidates must have a demonstrable track record of success as a CEO with previous experience of setting up and building new technically based precision manufacturing businesses.
In addition to the above, to be considered for the role, candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding leadership skills and a track record in building high-performing teams
- Impeccable qualities in respect of vision, strategy and the knowledge and ability to translate this into executable plans
- A combination of strategic vision, technical understanding, ability to execute and high attention to detail
- Excellent connections with, and access to, global retail and FMCG businesses
- Experience in building a global business around digitally-based consumer products
- An excellent network of clients in the energy sector, especially related to energy storage devices and / or in the chemical industry, especially related to nanomaterials
- Excellent connections with, and access to, the investor community and prior experience of successfully leading funding rounds
- Top quality communications, networking and stakeholder management skills
- Tireless drive, energy and motivation to deliver above and beyond targets and plans
- Strong presentation and inter-personal capabilities
- Excellent people management skills, including coaching and mentoring
- The ability to be hands-on and cope with multiple stakeholders
- Experience building a team to support company growth
- Success with strategic commercial developments
Please apply as soon as possible providing CV and a brief overview to outline your relevant experience to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference NJR/GO146